A terrible ptr patch

What are you doing blizzard?

Junkrat dont need be a hitscan full flanker 3D hero.

With this change, junkrat will lost of identity?

Why dont buff anothers things Like more traps or something like that?

1 Like

This is a great idea.

He gets a projectile speed increase of 300%.

2 Likes

You don’t want this.

14 Likes

Its not like junkrats already in 7/10 games below mid plat -_-

2 Likes

Because he should be a antiflanker and area danied hero… not a full dps hitscan 4k 3d hero.

Same than tracer, hanzo, genji and widow.

This would just make him more hated as a hero, there’s other ways to make him anti-flanker without buffing his trap

The patch is fine though.

People complain about his spam and not being able to hit anything.
Changes projectiles to be more stable
Losing his Identity, this isn’t what I wanted!!

Y’all need to make up your mind.

11 Likes

Uh…

I barely noticed his projectile speed was increased. It’s definitely no where near hitscan. That’s…kind of a stretch lol.

2 Likes

I know, the point is that they are buffing all heros to the point that is not fun to play against…

A mass nerf was better

I can see the concern with that. It doesn’t cover up Junkrat’s weaknesses, though.

He’s still pretty trashtastic against mid and long range heroes. :stuck_out_tongue: He can be kept in check pretty nicely.

Sadly People hate that identity .
I wont mind hitscan rat maybe

are you being sarcastic? cuz its no where near this much…you have to be kidding right?

1 Like

That is because mid long range heros are a full multirole dps…

Those heros should be worse on close range…

Why you will pick a junkrat, if you have flankers with massive dps or a mr hanzo that is good on all ranges?

A mass nerf only works if everything is currently balanced in a way that the devs want it and it still wouldn’t fix anything. Maybe try out the PTR rat before jumping to arms just looking at the patch notes?

1 Like

Next ptr patch:
Junkrat:
Concussion mine numbers increased from 2 to 4.
Number of traps increased from 1 to 4.

Developer comment:
We were smoking when we decided to make these changes. With these changes, junkrat will deny entire map completely so that some people can stop crying like 1234567 on the forum on a daily basis.

2 Likes

For context, it is going from 20m’s a second (Sym’s orb speed) to 25m (5 less then Pharah’s rockets). The arc remains the same.

For comparison, The fastest projectile in the game is Mei’s at 120m a second.

Junkrat is no where near hitscan with these changes. This is just belated compensation for the reduction in projectile size he received.

Would be the best PTR dev comment if it happens hahahaha

Distantly sees Junk in the sky with 4 mines
Pharah is that you?

2 Likes

I do, though. :japanese_ogre:

Also, 25% increase in speed… is not much when it’s super slow to begin with.

Heck, why don’t they just make it so Junkrat can lay two traps… but he still has only 1 on cooldown anyway?

Where is this PTR? I don’t see it on the PTR page