A small idea for a Sombra buff

Definitely not. xD

Sombra is no where near one of the best dps heroes.

5 Likes

i mean Hack the Reinhardt or Ult his team and you won the fight

1 Like

Oh right. I forgot, Hack is “OP”…

7 Likes

Ir you have a team thats able to follow up…

But we play Overwatch so Teamplay only exists in Pro and gm level for whatever reason.
You can be in voice all they noone will focus hscked targets besides rein.

To the OP:

Not a bad idea to let her stay longer in fights but I think increasing her Base movement speed to 6m/s like Tracer’s would help her alot at lower ranks without making her easier.

8 Likes

or when you have at least 1 friend to play with or when youre above plat

2 Likes

You can’t just duo Sombra and think to get wins with it. Sombra needs her Team to back up everything she does only on friend will not carry you through.

She needs way more skill/teamwork to play then to counter her atleast in ladder.
For professionell play read this:

No it wouldn’t , I only play Rein (sometime Hammond) and most of the time if I get hack my team would still win the fight

1 Like

Well, mate, I’d be worried if I were you. Thinking of Sombra while showering? Not good, mate, not good.

Sombra is probably the best carry hero at the rank I play at, just above Doomfist.

She needs some teamplay to work, but she doesn’t have many counters outside of even MORE teamplay.

She does not need anything.

In what rank are you playing even in GM Sombra has only half of the Doom pick rate

4200-4400.

She’s still hard to play, and still not as popular, but she is SUPER strong if you put time on her.

Hell, I meet Sombra one tricks who aren’t even in voice and still succeed at that rating.

1 Like

She does her balance right now is completly wrong.

She is “strong” in gm and proplay (rarly in masters its very situational)

Anywhere else she is bad.

We need to nerf her in what make her strong in pro play and buff what makes her bad anywhere else whitout making her easier.

Clearly not. If you actually think Sombra is anything other than a top pick, then maybe it’s to do with where you play on the ladder? Because my only experience with Sombra has been as free win.

And OP’s suggestion is a pure buff.

Sombra does not need a performance buff.

1 Like

Not in dmg or in hack power yes.

But I saw much worst then this for buffing pure power on Sombra so I took it more easily.

Sorry.

A free win with a ~2% pickrate in gm?
And lower the lower you go in Ladder?

2 Likes

Sombra is perfect where she is. She’s strong under two circumstances.Using her in teamplay, or just having strong situational awareness. And it doesn’t even have to be that Strong since you can initiate better than any other hero. I’ve never felt that on ladder she’s bad. Obviously not better than an organized 6 stack, but that’s true for every single hero in the game. Sombra doesn’t need buffs. The only thing I could see is increasing the speed that trans travels. But that’s almost nothing. She is perfect right now.

since the private profiles are active pick and win rates are pretty much not reliable on overbuff

Its the closesed we have.

And they can’t be far off.

You never go top to bottom dude. Always bottom to top. As you go lower down in ladder, everyone gets worse. Less people join voice chat too. And since the major thing Sombra needs is communication, it makes her perform far worse than she would. Even text chat (what a meme) would be better than playing solo Sombra. Again, top to bottom stats comparisons are generally made for the purpose of making a hero look worse than they are. Out of all the games I’ve had with the recent iteration of Sombra, I could count on one hand the amount that the team without the Sombra won on a single hand.

As for GM pickrates, I want you to go back to the site and count the number of heroes below her. Then tell me how many you honestly think are underpowered. There are some pretty obvious ones.

On a sidenote, I wouldn’t trust stats sites anymore since private profiles aren’t counted towards averages. There are certain heroes whose mains tend to have private profiles more often. Including Mercy, Doomfist, Sombra and Brigitte. So it’s more skewed for them heroes. But even assuming the 1.79% on Overbuff is in fact, the real pickrate in GM, have you considered that she’s a very hated hero there due to how she can pretty much “remove a heroes’ ability to play the game”, and because of that, a lot of people don’t want to play her.

The problem is that Sombra is more then an Extream case of that what is fixable.

9 out of 11 actually also think of how much the meta favors Sombra in comparison to everybody above her.

Moira and Orisa are both heroes that are bad in the current forming Meta and are underwhelming in comparison to other Healer/Tanks but I would not call them UP

So wouldn’t I call Sombra UP at GM and above the problem is anything lower then that.

Its the most accurate thing that we have.

We could also just guess but that would be random and for everybody different and would not allow a good discussion.

Sombra can be strong with extremely good Teamplay but it takes less teamplay to counter that.

Also I’m against the Idea of the OP any direct buff to her without a counter nerf would make her to OP in high level play.

What I want is counter nerfs to what makes her Strong in High level play and buffs that support Mid-tier play without making her easier: