A Possible GOATS Counter?

Let’s look at Sombra and Mei against a GOATS comp.

Sombra/Mei combo could:

• Hack the enemy Rein so he can’t shield against Mei freeze.

• Stealth before her team engages a fight to pick off any hidden enemies like Zen

• EMP into Blizzard to prevent supports from using ultimates to counter or using movement abilities to escape

• Flank with ice wall to freeze a tank or healer and provide a dive opportunity for her Dva

• Hack Dva so she couldn’t eat Mei’s Blizzard

• Isolate enemies with ice wall or generally deny/zone an entry point to prevent the enemy team from touching point

• Icicle from certain angles, picking off a healer or distracting the enemy team to waste time or prevent a push

• Use ice wall to get her team to certain places on the map/give them height advantage (OWL used this to get to the high ground on Gibraltar, taking the bridge above payload while a healer pushed point)

• Use ice wall to block enemies from attacking your team if caught in a Grav

• Use Cryo/ice wall to block a Dva bomb, Shatter, or even line of sight Lucio or Zen’s ultimates

• Similar to Mei’s icicles, Sombra could flank to either touch point or try to pick off a healer, so the enemy team would divide to try and peel. Sombra could also use this just to farm ultimate charge like always

This is probably a horrible idea, but I’d gotten the idea from watching videos and OWL on Sombra and even Mei. If I’m absolutely wrong, go ahead and tell me lol, I’m not even a high ranked player.

Edit: also wanted to mention that if you’re worried about low DPS, GOATS doesn’t contain any primary healers. Brig has a burst heal on cool-down, which can be disabled with Hack, Lucio has Amp on a very long cool-down which can also be disabled with Hack, Zen’s orbs can also be disabled with Hack. They also can’t outheal the consistent damage that Mei and Sombra can put out as long as you can aim with these heroes (especially headshots or if one/two healers are dead or hacked). Mei’s Freeze would be great against Zen and Lucio due to slow and being (obviously) frozen, and could be used against Brig if they can break shield or bait either her Bash or knockback.

You could also run a Mercy or Moira to help keep Sombra, Mei alive if you’re worried about them getting picked off too much.