A possible "Fix" for Cricket?

Just some speculation, but if the issue with Cricket, is that people are taking prepaid numbers, and moving it to a postpaid carrier. And then Blizzard still identifies that number as a prepaid number.

Would it be possible to just switch numbers on Cricket, without leaving Cricket, and then have it be properly interpreted as a postpaid number?

Like it sucks switching your phone number, but this would probably be a zero-cost way to fix the issue.

Well, assuming this would even work.

Maybe I’m reading this funny… but if you’re still on cricket… just with a different number… cricket STILL doesn’t work for auth.

1 Like

Well I think what the issue people are running into is starting with a prepaid phone number, then moving it to Cricket on a postpaid account, but then for whatever reason the number is still identified as prepaid.

Where as it might be different if you started with a number that’s identified as postpaid.

Do postpaid cricket accounts work?

And wouldn’t that also be more expensive? Most postpaid accounts are and that’s why so many people are prepaid in the first place. It’s WAYYYY cheaper.

Well, some Cricket accounts work, some don’t.

But I’m not sure why.

honestly i would port your number over to t-mobile post paid or maybe at&t post paid i dont hear of people using cricket that often heck one of the authorized dealers in my area moved or closed up shop

I do kinda wonder if the more expensive carriers are doing some sort of process to “cleanse” a prepaid number, into registering it as postpaid.

And that maybe Cricket is being cheap, and intentionally not doing that step.

Well I can’t fault you for trying to help and maybe it’d work?

But again… this is a lot of trouble and possibly financial commitment for something that shouldn’t be the consumers problem.

personally I think this just needs to be addressed because it’s , ironically enough, probably their worst decision and implementation for OW yet.

you might be able to do it on t-mobile prepaid as well but i know postpaid is generally recommended i used to be on prepaid carriers myself

Well yeah.

Posted this 6 weeks ago.

Posted this before the SMS verification was even announced.
[OW2] How to reduce Hackers with Free2Play

… it feels like these details were “here it comes” and that was it.

You called it I guess.