A ping system to callout flankers

A good way to improve communication for the game could be to allow to ping an enemy location every 15 seconds for flankers and enemies and wouldn’t be to spammable and allow 6 teammates ping enemies if they see flankers or intiators.

3 Likes

Fulton extractions and Batmobile too.

The main issue I see with a ping system in Overwatch isn’t that it’s spammable, but the game is so fast that you could ping Tracer and suddenly she’s already far away from her ping location.

It would just make the game more confusing.

1 Like

Do people not have mics??

How do people play this game

1 Like

^THIS.
I play with a bag of hot flaming cheetos on my lap. Or Oreos, depending on my mood.

1 Like

I really don’t want a ping feature cluttering the game. It is completely unnecessary. If there is a flanker then communicate that to your team.

1 Like

I play with water and a lot of patience. Also violent HIGHLY DESTRUCTIVE HAMMER SWINGS! In my new Reign home skin.

Flanking is such a part of the game now having a counter to it would probably make the game worse.

It’s sad that I had to type that.

1 Like

Not having a mic saves my soul and ears. My doctor recommended that I should have less sodium.

Your name tells me you built Krieg to be very meaty.

Use mic
Problem solved

1 Like

I HAVE THE SHINIEST MEAT BICYCLE!

cough

1 Like

Rein doesnt drink water. He drinks testaserone and bullets…

Mostly bullets.

I’d rather not have to talk to 90% of the people who play this game.

I honestly like using mics its just others don’t and its understandable reasons and could be a good utility.

“You’re powered up. get in there!”

All you gotta do is hit tab to see what ally Ults are available to combo, and still that doesn’t happen as the norm. A ping system isn’t going to solve the lack of game sense in random queues.

Most people’s callouts are too slow. Id rather be able to just push a button and mark exactly where someones at, or coming from, immediately. Not "uhhh, crees flanking up top beh ("itssss highhhhh noooooon"ind us *pew pew pew, everyones dead). With Apex, it’s awesome being able to mark exactly where someones at, and being able to ping multiple times allows you to mark the direction there moving. Now obviously it wouldn’t be as good for some heroes like a tracer, but slower heroes like hog and cree that are flanking it would be a god send.

Just give like a “enemy flanking ping” and a “Being dove/need peeling” ping, and maybeeee a “group up in this area/attack this way ping”. Realistically the 2nd ping could be swapped out with a voiceline callout similar to “I need healing”. But the other 2 would be amazing.

Seems like it would take much longer than saying.

Genji on Mercy