A message from console player

Hello! I am from Russia and my English is bad a bit, but I am learning. Punctuation may be wrong, because it’s different from my language.
I want to share my experience from console version of the game. I am started at PC and after 100 lvl I transfered to PS4 because there were my friends that already playing, while on PC I was alone. It was really hard to adapt from K&M to gamepad, but after few months I am used to it. I started to play comp at 25 lvl and playing only this mode. I started at season 6 and I upped from Gold to Master. Soon I’ll up 600 lvl and I really want to share some of my problems with you. I don’t know if someone had the same difficulties as me. Please, share your own thoughts.

1. Game Servers and Communication
    I don’t know how many servers has the console version. I am always playing with people from Arabia. There is really majority problem with this because many players with KSA addition in nickname don’t want to use voice chat or using it with speaking their origin language. Playing without communication is really bad and we are almost always lose because of that. There is no text chat like on PC, but there is PSN profiles messages and it’s problematic too. Why? You need to minimize a game, find a profile and then tapping your sentence on virtual keyboard with one button. It takes a lot of time, you screw it if you’re playing on Defence.

2. Balance
    While I played on PC, there was nothing that I want to change in heroes. It was perfect and I think it’s the same now – it’s just playable. But there is really HUGE problems on consoles.
    Let’s get started:
    PharMercy – yes. This two is must pick on Gold, Plat, Diamond and Master. All matches (seriously all) starts or ends with this. And know what? It’s working greatly. 2 characters can easily roll all your team. Tbh, I always trained McCree and I really try hard on him, but I am bad. I can’t kill them. Every time I hope that hit scan on my team is really good and we can handle this. But 90% we can counter them if DPS on our team using K&B. It’s really rare to me to see good hit scan player on gamepad. And even I was able to handle PharMercy before Pharrah buff. Her primary fire speed is too fast for me now and if she focus me (with Mercy) I can’t kill her.

Tracer – I think you already know what I want to say. This character has too many damage for her mobility. I (or other people) can’t react on her. There are two problems with this: as I heard, there is speed limit on camera rotation. I don’t know what it means exactly, but it feels like you can’t react properly on Tracer because you want to turn your camera faster, but it turn’s slowly and you’re already dead. Tbh, Tracer is just a killer machine. There is Aim Assist on consoles that helps her to track you easily. You can jump, you can sit. Do whatever you want – she will track all her clip into you. It’s impossible to play on supports while she is against you. Your tanks can’t react on her, because you’re already dead. She can just easily delete heroes. Let me show you some gifs:
https:// gfycat. com/ru/EdibleDistantAfricanelephant
https:// gfycat. com/ru/GlassThinAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam
I have more if you want to see it.

Hanzo – He is not so problematic, but Aim Assist helps him to track all his Storm Arrows into you. Insta dead on Wrecking Ball even if you going away on maximum speed. And Hammond has mobility. Orisa, Hog or D.va is just a punch bag in front of Hanzo.

Tbh, I think console version needs separate balance than PC. Some characters is really OP due to control features and limits.

1. Smurs and Leavers
    I know that Blizz okay with smurfs, because they buys new copy of game and it’s money for company. I agree. But it’s not working on consoles. You need one copy of game to play on endless accounts. Like PharMercy there is smurf or several of them in every match. You know that feeling when match starts and you see WIDOW123456 and TRACERONETRICK on enemy team? I want to tell you another story. Smurfs from enemy team pushed our team and our smurfs just leaved in a middle of match. I lost 300 SR in one day because of similar situations.
    Why my friends and other people on my team should be punished because of terrible matchmaking?

2. Language features
    You can select language of the game on PC, good! But console players can’t. I am learning Korean now and it’s very beautiful language. I really want to play in OW on Korean, but I can’t. If you want Japanese – you need to buy game in Japan. You want to play on Korean? Then buy it! It costs 100$ with delivery from Korea, while PC gamers can choose all languages that they want. New COD has this feature while we waiting almost 3 years in OW.
    All I want is a little attention to us. We are players too, we are paying for subscription to play this game and I really don’t want to feel like second stage citizen in front of PC players.

3 Likes

Smurfs kill the game on consoles tbh

1 Like

It’s the most majority problem here, game is unplayable because of them.