A Mercy revert could revive Overwatch

So… What’s the concern? Lol

Mercy is one of my most played heroes and I actually bought this game a day after the Mercy rework went live. I never got a chance to see how Mercy 1.0 was like and honestly I’ve always been curious haha

Mass rez had that hero moment that mercy now lacks and it was fun.

all it needed was to be properly balanced.

2 Likes

that thing right there.

And… I just said there’s no reason to be concerned for that because we have three decent main healers. Even if there was, reverting mercy isn’t gonna change it much.

2 Likes

we have 1 mobile pure healer and 2 vertically immobile burst healers.

As I’ve said before many times.

we want a rework not a revert.

And the thread is about a revert, which is what I’m talking about. Titanium’s idea is vastly over stuffed and gives a single character an allied damage boost and an enemy damage reduction, something I find troubling. Bringing mass rez back in any iteration is a partial revert at the least of her ult because the base ability is there at its core. I don’t see the point in arguing over semantics about whether returning mass rez with tweaks is a revert or rework but people seem insistent upon it

4 Likes

And ana has a heal/anti healer nade, a sleep dart, and a rifle that can heal and harm, and an ult that now gives damage reduction and an immediate burst heal.

I too can make a balanced character idea sound op.

That doesn’t sound OP at all, honestly… Even if I didn’t know the specifics of Ana’s kit.

And neither does titanium’s idea.

it sounds fairly balanced to me.

Honestly.

That was your own team’s fault, dude.

• You see the enemy has a Mercy. You know she most likely has Rez charged.
  • So instead of doing the smart thing and baiting Mercy’s Rez first, your team ran in and blew three ults to win one team fight.

C’mon, son. That excuse is weak. Resurrect as an ultimate was balanced, since it punished poor ult economy and strategy, and rewarded enemies who were smart and had a plan for Mercy and threw her Rez back to her face, forcing her to swap.

6 Likes

Simple
Mass rez played into the rest of an otherwise enjoyable kit with a moment to actually save the point whether it be rezzing that one person with that ult or the ever illusive 5 man rez bringing a lost overtime fight back.
It was a heck yeah moment.

On top of that “more abilities”
Rez is painful to use requiring the babysitting of my team or me to actively hide to use it if the enemy aren’t incompetant and Valkyrie is just an EZ mode that takes away all the fun of the base kit for entire fights at a time
It also negates skill as an ally team can’t tell the difference between a god tier Mercy everywhere she needs to be and one that just popped valk and flew to the skybox.

4 Likes

While I dont think a straight up revert would be the best it is at least an option in my opinion. In case anybody wants to read something have the new Titanium thread with a new rework idea put together by several people.

I mean rez warranted a D tier hero anywhere Ana was even playable so that idea Titanium presented is stupidly UP given how much counterplay it enables.

Okay, just gonna stop you there. Goodbye. If you think uninstalling the game is going to prove a point to Blizzard, then you are VERY wrong. They don’t care if you uninstall! They still got your money! You’re the one who loses out, because now you have to re-install the game if you ever want to play again. So you think you’re being smart, but you’re being stupid.

Better buff it later than have an OPAF monster and nerf it 11 (?) times. Thats just my opinion tho and I can see if you think it has to much counterplay.

Mercy is nowhere near the core of the problem…but sure use it Mercy Mains, I support you.

Pros: “Adding a decent scoreboard, a match system and replay system would revive the game”

Casuals: “Lore would be nice for players to come back to”

Streamers: " A permanent game-mode and/or single-player mode would bring more players"

Also pros: “Faster and scheduled balance patches are a necessity for the future of the game”

#RevertMercy Cult ™: A MeRcY REvErT COulD ReVIvE OVeRWaTCH

3 Likes

Just curious, but i’ve checked your profile. There’s an incredibly large margin between Mercy playtime and the other heroes. Have you not consider perhaps playing another hero? If something isn’t enjoyable then don’t force yourself to stick to it.

It wasn’t a mistake. She needed to be toned down.

Or it will have the complete opposite effect and people would be leaving by the truck-loads. I certainly would pack up and leave if they brought back “Mass rez ez victory” mode.

4 Likes

Zen’s ult grants value during a team fight and has counterplay in nano granade, and he has to actually be close to his allies. Not to mention his ult doesn’t prevent people from getting one shot. Mercy’s ult, well former ult, is the only ult that gets value after a team fight has already been lost. That’s the difference, but you can choose to be biased and ignore it.