A mature Overwatch

LOL so true! Also relationships probably would be explored more for example. Ashe would probably say something like me and McCree used to f*** but then he left the crew and now he must die!

Since it would be more mature I could see them being a couple that broke up. :laughing:

1 Like

And B.O.B. would probably be Ashe’s gimp, complete with a ball-gag. He already doesn’t talk anyways. :laughing:

1 Like

I also see Sombra being that type of girl who has one night stands and also blackmails people after sleeping with them. So not only does she hold information against them she also does that as well. :joy:

1 Like

Wow, could you imagine Sombra getting kinky with that Russian lady in that short? That would be…something.

SFM animations on Torbhub. Been there for years.

I’m not trying to go R34 here lol but that situation would seem a little random for Sombra. Maybe with Widowmaker trying to loosen her up and keep her from always being uptight.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re probably right. But I do agree with you about Sombra though. :wink:

1 Like

there could be some pretty spicy emotes and voice lines

1 Like

Oh yeah, bring them on. :grin:

There’s very little difference between an M and T rating, mostly swearing is the only noticeable difference, it’s just strange how all these adults none use ordinary adult language that adults routinely use all the time.

It’s weird enough I can’t say common phrases like “No [DELETED], Sherlock” I can’t even use veiled language to imply what the word between “No” and “Sherlock” is.

The presence of blood in games is such a trivial difference, I mostly don’t even notice if a game does or doesn’t have blood splatter, I mean they’re still clearly being shot. In a game like Overwatch. I might notice in a zombine shooter game that there was no gibbing or blood but it just doesn’t matter for Overwatch. I wouldn’t expect Junkrat’s grenade to blow people into a pile of red polygons.

I suppose the other thing making an M-rating is elements of body horror, like Bioshock.

But that’s just not something Overwatch would include.

Games like Call of Duty could get a T-rating with a patch that disabled the small amount of blood decal when some get shot.

1 Like

I think sexual content plays a factor in it too, and depiction of drugs. You’re hardly going to find a T-rated game with graphic portrayals of either one of those things.

Not really, you are allowed so little sexual content even in an M-rated game it doesn’t matter if it’s there or not. For example just a reference to a treatable STD will contribute to a game getting an M-rating. And other irrelevant references to drugs like whether it actually shows drugs that a drugs cartel is smuggling, big whoop.

I agree you’re hardly going to find a T-rated game with graphic portrayals of either one of those things, but you’re hardly going to find an M-rated game with much more than even a token portrayal of those.

Seriously, what counts as PG-13 sexual content for film can get you an Adults Only rating by the ESRB. Which is game over for sales as your game simply will not be advertised and will not be sold in most retailers.

The only real difference between T-rating and M-rating is a little bit of blood and any use of normal adult language by adults.

1 Like

I think I see what youre saying , and I feel for the most part you are right. I do feel that there are some exceptions though, in terms of sexual content in M-rated games.

I was playing Brutal Legend somewhat recently, and in that game, there is an entire faction of BDSM-themed enemies, complete with a ‘pin-boy’ in chains and wearing a ball-gag, being whipped by a group of dominatricies. Although maybe that falls more into fetishism than being graphic…? I don’t know anymore, lol.

Dunno about that one, Borderlands and TF2 seem to get by just fine.

1 Like

Such a small amount of “gore” gets an M-rating. Then once that M-rating is triggered the gore can get to ridiculous levels though not necessarily. For example, PG-13 film ratings level of “gore” would get you an M-rating in a video game. PG-13 movies can have some swearing. T-rated games cannot have ANY swearing.

One general definition of “gore” according to ESRB is character models showing signs of damage. This means you can show a character as on fire, but not show them looking any different from having been on fire, not even soot marks which could be interpreted as “charred skin”.

This has hugely changed the type of content for Overwatch as all the skins that have been made have had no “damaged” variants or any consideration of adding damage decals to them or anything built into the polygon frames nor animation to do tricks like invert the polygons that make the head inside the torso for a decapitation effect and then spawning the appropriate decapitated head model for whichever skin they had.

The engine is technically capable of gore as you can see with Bastion being destroyed. His player model falls apart and loads of objects like pistons, springs and servos are spawned where he fell apart. The engine could spawn the classic “gibs” insead.

That is one of the fun things about playing Bastion, you effectively get the gibbing effects like the camera following your decapitated robot head being shot way up into the sky.

But ESRB doesn’t care because they’re racist against Omnics. /s

Pharah’s enchanted armor skin does the same thing

Oh yeah, because it doesn’t look like a human head.

More cursing, blood and well, here come the Bayonetta outfits lol

1 Like

yes perfect example. Borderlands would be far more successful if it dialed down the language and gore

It most certainly would not.

1 Like