A Heartfelt Message to the Overwatch Development Team from a Concerned Console Player

This is where you’d be wrong on a lot of the items that I have listed.

This doesn’t take certifications to do.

I will agree this takes certifications to do. However, even Jeff has admitted himself that this is something that can indeed be done on Console. Take note as well of the edit that I put in under this note. Both Sony and Microsoft offer same day certifications.

This doesn’t take certifications to do.

I will agree that this does take certifications to do. But do you know what this also takes? Blizzard actually taking the time to TRY LISTENING to their Console Players on this. And don’t tell me that they don’t have the time to respond to us. They’ve clearly shown many a time before that they have the time to respond to us. And do you want to know how long I’ve been trying to address their LACK OF TRANSPARENCY to us? I’ll give you that answer: 6 MONTHS. In fact, the fact that I somehow haven’t lost my patience by now or caused another Console Player Uprising (which I would have no qualms about doing if I was given the justification to do so, keep in mind) shows that I do indeed care.

It is strictly the decision of the Developers, the Overwatch Team that is, to decide what is and isn’t allowed. So they don’t want M&K being used on Console at all? Yeah, they most certainly CAN do that. Sony and Microsoft have no influence on this; they empower the Developers to manage their game how they want to.

Do I really need to say anything on these that I haven’t already said? If it’s already been proven such items have been implemented in past games before (both from older and the current Console Gens alike), and ESPECIALLY if such things are already live on PC, then why deprive your Console Players of such items to improve QOL?

And I don’t really need to say anything that’s already been said within the post on this, so yeah.

But they released it on both Consoles; even at the same time as PC. So they need to either:
Take the time and follow up on our feedback and THEIR promises, or they should never make the promise to begin with. One response is not, and never has been, a lot to ask for.

2 Likes

Certifications are only one part of my stance on this. Esports representation on console honestly sounds silly to me. Why create a separate league for the same game except people use gamepads instead of M&K? I honestly wouldn’t really care much for that. It’s already established that the game is already designed and balanced around the PC version. So professional esports has to stay there.

Which may beg the question, why not create a separate balance scheme for console? Well, if I was Blizzard I wouldn’t waste my time. Balancing is already time consuming and difficult as it is for one version of the game. Also, the life of console games are numbered. Soon Microsoft and Sony will come up with a new generation, and it’s another round of hard labor for Blizzard to create a product that can only be a fraction as good as the already existing PC version.

Lastly, your “You PROMISED and WE PAID so you better do something about it or else” attitude is a bit too consumer-centric for me lol. Yay America? That’s true, they made “promises” they never fulfilled (although I’ve never seen any explicitly unfulfilled promises thus far) and yeah we do deserve what we were promised, but sometimes there are acceptable mistakes not even big companies can fix. I think Blizzard is trying but there’s literally nothing they can do; console’s too much a waste of time. I don’t mean to sound harsh or indifferent but face it lol you (and I) made a mistake buying console. It really just turned out to be a sampler of the actual game which is on PC. Either we settle with that or maybe buy the PC version. Nevertheless I’m sure they take all our feedback into consideration, so I’m still glad this thread exists.

Console players aren’t the only ones they don’t care about, I guess they just care less, which is mind blowing for me.

We don’t need a full separate league. Having the tools and approval to do small tournaments (either online or LAN) on console would suffice. Dealing with the draconian tournament restrictions that are in place currently make it nearly impossible. Prize pools are restricted to almost nothing, and when they can be run has to scheduled around OWL and the world cup.

1 Like

on Lack of other Console-Specific Balancing**** we dont really need this its good they way it is… now on adding things like get to the point or txt chat etc im with you on that. i like that what i can do on pc works on console and vice versa.

righthere described what I was looking at specifically with regards to this perfectly. So for context, Reference his post here.

I also am the creator of This Console Megathread, and this one explains some parts to this thread and others, and likewise is also trying to get the Developers’ lack of direct transparency to us addressed.

Even third party Overwatch Content Creators have given mention to, or even talked about, that thread at some point. This means that said content creators are also doing an even better job at shedding light on these concerns than Blizzard is. Heck, Diablo 3 Players are still getting Developer Responses these days; and yes, even the Console Players too. How long has that game been out? 6 years. I will agree that their last response to Console Players on their forums was 3 months ago, as I took the time to research this. But even then, that’s still less time than the amount of time that has passed since the last time the Overwatch Team responded to Console Players on their own forums (by about a month and a half).

Everybody does have their preferences; you chose PC in the end, and I chose Console. We all have our own preferences and choices, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages.

I, like many others, also want to believe that the Overwatch Team is listening to our feedback. However, given the 4 and a half month time span since the last time they responded to us (referring to their Console Players), I feel as though that they really are NOT trying to listen to us, and that they’ve just dropped the support for it outside of the occasional patch. Plus, everyone has a limit to their patience. And I don’t think anyone wants to see another Console Player Uprising happen; not even me, even though I would have no qualms about supporting one if it was to happen.

As I noted within the OP, I can likewise agree that the game is not too out of balance on Console. But there’s definitely some changes that can be made, provided they actually take the time to look at us.

Ok but like…what if console users ARE second class citizens. My impression has always been that pc was their focus and it was easy enough to port to consoles that they decided to give that market an option to play as well, but it was only ever a convenience, not a focus.

The amount of effort console players on this forum go through to get blizzard to pay attention to them continually borders on pathetic. Overwatch is a PC game, and it’s probably better if you come to grips with that privately, on your own time, rather than publicly on this forum.

Epsilon’s first post in this thread is my response to you.
How about, lend a helping hand to us for a change?

1 Like

It is amazing to see how some people think that’s how this should be. It’s like some of you just thrive knowing that some people could be doing bettee but are not. I don’t get this sadistic mentality of people on the internet.

Another day, another period time without a developer response…

They could at least implement console exclusive skins… like a Crash Bandicoot Junkrat, or a Lara Croft Pharah(the only justification I’m going off for that one is because it could be called “Pharah Croft”) or even just a Bastion skin themed after XBox/PS4

I’m new to console but these issues are already making it a bit of a pain to play. But most of all the mouse and keyboard is the worst issue. It makes competitive really unpleasant to play when someone is bouncing around taking people out like Neo from the matrix. It’s a huge disadvantage, and if it can’t be solved then make it available for everyone so we can have the chance to be on the same level.

1 Like

they tend to be to busy doing internal bug fixes and testing the first week of ptr to even be able to post on the forums. it was the same way for brigitte and moira. and hanzo. they most likely dealing with the main problems with Symmetra. much like how brigitte could jump 50 meters.

Then explain why exactly, hasn’t a developer responded to anything Console related in 6 months

You can actually report someone for using M+KB on console

1 Like

I really don’t want to, it’s hard for me to justify a report with no evidence. And like myself, I feel sometimes it’s just scapegoat for being owned by someone. But every other game it feels like there’s that o e guy that’s just godly, and I’m too new at console to know if there’s just people out there that are that good with a controller.

Yea I don’t really report people that much either, the only times I’ll report someone is if their being toxic in the voice channel, and when that happens, I’ll turn my mic off for the rest of the game

Yeah I agree toxic people make for a bad experience. And I found out the hard way that when someone invites you to a Ps4 group it’s not to team up and have a good game together, it’s to troll you and send nasty messages. So no more accepting invites.

Okay, but they released it to console and are making money off of us so we deserve attention and to be treated equally. We paid the same 60 dollars everyone else did.

1 Like

Let’s move this thread up, yeah?

Transparency is something that at least needs to be given for us on Console. and what is now approaching 5 months of no responses is something that’s very concerning.