A Friend with 5000 lootboxes and them auto opening in OW2

its also why you will not have an item drop if its already in another box…

like the last couple of times that theyve given out a golden loot box i havent opened them…but i HAVE whatever is in them already…so it wont drop in another box

if it was during an event i could tell exactly which items were in the box…cause no matter how many lootboxes i opened they wouldnt drop…i would get dupes of legendaries i already had…but whatever was in the legendary box would not drop (which i then just purchased so i could keep the gold box…for no reason whatsoever)

Opening animation takes like 10 seconds. You’re friend will watch 13 hours worth of I had anything to do with it >:|

1 Like

If I may offer a suggestion, add an option to skip or disable animations if they are long or repetitive.

3 Likes

Open all

(8 straight hours of being locked out of game.)

1 Like

What would one even expect to get with the currency switch-up? Kind of makes it feel pointless.

I was thinking more japanese anime seizure warning flash speed.

But really, since the contents are already pre-selected, how hard would it to be to click a button and give the person all those items/credits?

1 Like

5,000 isn’t gonna be nearly enough stress for servers designed to handle hundreds of thousands of players doing whatever

2 Likes

I never really understood why more games don’t have a mass open button. If they are predetermined it would have been really nice for the few of us that don’t want to sit through opening so many loot boxes to just get all the results at one time. I know plenty of people who just sit there with like hundreds or dozens unopened because the time taken to open all of them is just very daunting.

I’m pretty sure your friend will be fine. HOWEVER if there is any server problems on day one of the launch, I now know EXACTLY who to blame.

I’m glad credits are staying in OW2 because christ, that’s gonna be a LOT of them.

It’s so weird to me that your “friend” just hoards them, lol. I guess if you just don’t care at all I get it but

wtf? lol

The person I duo with stopped opening them once he unlocked everything, he now has hundreds, last time he joked about it, it was in the 500s.

Now he cant open them, it would take half a day.

That is a kind wording for manipulative tactic made to build anticipation to encourage gambling addicts to make further purchases.

Oh well good riddance. Watch me buy them 45$ skins in OW2 just as much as I bought boxes, as in big fat zero😂

Opening them is a got damn travesty. Sitting through the animation. I rather blow my brains out. I do not have a addictive personality so I perfectly understand I am as far away from targeted audience as could possibly be, but still. Who in their right mind wants to spend time opening boxes? Full of garbage they do not want 99% of the time anyways. I have 700~ or something

I spent almost 2 hours a couple days ago just clicking the open loot box button lol. fun times.

Why was there never an ‘Open All Loot Box’ button…

Even if they had to generate all the items it would be a pretty cheap operation for the computer. The game does far more calculations (thousands times more) when you load a match or a workshop.

In fact, you can probably take a windows xp computer from the 2000s and run the loot box algorithm just fine in a few seconds.

1 Like

" Loot Box contents are generated at the time that they earned or purchased, NOT when they are opened."

What if you buy something with coins that you already “owned” from a loot box you haven’t opened yet?

In this case, the item in that Loot Box will pay out the normal duplicate coin payout once it is finally opened.

5 Likes

This is why I refuse to open my 900 boxes. -_- Why is there no, “Open 100” or “Open 10” option?

1 Like

I can not remember where I saw this, maybe someone can help me, but I believe the loot boxes will be auto opened on sept 14th and not day of launch.

1 Like