A Comprehensive List Of Mercy Bugs (30+) ((Working on adding videos))

Thank you! I hate to ask, but do you think you could get a video of Mercy Guardian Angeling to and Ressing targets behind walls as well?

I’d also recommend you to post this on reddit.com/r/Overwatch and the Bug report section on these forums.

1 Like

Oh, yeah :sweat_smile:

I had completely forgot about it, thanks for the advice!

1 Like

No problem,

Leave the link to it here if you decide to post it on reddit.

1 Like

I’ll make sure to. I haven’t used Reddit before and I gotta get karma before I post it :frowning:

If this gets removed because it was mentioned as a bug. I’ll quit.

The fact that you can move down with crouch isn’t a bug. The fact that it works differently when using toggle crouch, though, feels like an oversight at the least. I personally find it unintuitive and hard to control and would like to see it changed.

This is probably one of the most pronounced times I got the GA bug

1 Like

Geez, I knew Mercy had some annoying bugs, but I didn’t know she has this many bugs. Props to you for taking the time to make the list.

This bug is something most people enjoy and, including myself, use very frequently. It’s the only bug on here that’s actually helpful and I don’t want it to be removed in the event that Blizzard sees this list and decides to fix some things. Maybe remove it from the list so that doesn’t happen?? Sorry if I sound demanding or anything lol.

1 Like

Thank you! You’re a gift :heart:

Don’t worry, you don’t sound demanding at all, it’s okay. The bug is very helpful and I use it myself quite often. It is, however, just that: a bug.

I want to keep this thread impartial, and if I purposely keep out specific things just because I like them or because they’re helpful, what would that say about me? I want the developers (if they ever see this) to be able to address everything about Mercy, good or bad. And hey, maybe they’ll make it a feature like they did with bunny hop :wink:

Faulty targeting through walls:

Flying in unintended direction:

Aborted rez:

This one is more a QoL thing:

We should see the rez radius or have some kind of warning if we are leaving it.

2 Likes

This thread is very good.
But because of “Mercy” they won’t care :man_shrugging: Unfortunately. Seriously, very unfortunately.

I actually, physically cannot express my gratitude. I’ll add these ASAP

Thank you, I hope people can end up suspending whatever feelings they might have about Mercy to keep this thread alive and well. People have been doing a good job so far, and I have faith that they’ll keep it up.

1 Like

I just did some quick testing on a custom game with bots (live game, not ptr) and the result I got was very consistent with the information on gamepedia.

• Roadhog with 1002 health (no breather, no attacks, no nothing for pigggy)
  • Zarya with infinite ammo (no right click, no melee, no barriers, default damage, I picked Zarya because she doesn’t headshot.)
  • Mercy (no passive ult gain).

I hopped on Mercy and then boosted Zarya full time until she killed 1002 HP Hog. I got 18% Ult Charge. Assuming Valk cost is 1625 (gamepedia), it means I got 295,5 ult points (plus or minus <1% difference) out of 1002 damage total, which means ~30% ult charge, which is consistent with what is informed on gamepedia.

Not sure how it affects other attacks though. Zekki reported a much lower number (around 20% rather than 30), so more testing required.

Thank you for the correction. I’ll fix it later today. I appreciate all the tests.

It seemed like nobody really knew if that bug was actually real or not, and I hadn’t the resources at the time to test it myself.

Here’s video evidence of the already mentioned dragon boost bug, around 26m13s, a Hanzo dragon strike gets boosted, Mercy gets assists ticks (with skulls and all), on fire charge and even gets credit on the killfeed.

Dragon Strike isn’t supposed to be boosteable at all.

I don’t know if it gives ult charge, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

1 Like

Sorry these took me so long to add! I just edited them in. Thanks again!

I just put this in along with some extra details. I had noticed the assist ticks a while back when I was playing, but I wasn’t sure if it was actually boosting the damage (it could’ve been a visual glitch.) Thanks again, you’ve been really helpful

I finally posted it. I’d never used Reddit before so I had to get karma. Thanks for the suggestion.

I can give you a vid of the faulty targeting too, but it will take me a week or so.

If you want to, I would appreciate that. Take as much time as you need.

Are these on the list? (apologies for the laziness but the ctrl+f function in this forum is horrendous).