A blizzcon skin for 40€ becomes a weekly basic skin

Just because there’s no disclaimer doesn’t mean they’ll be exclusive forever.

Omg im so tired of this crap. I’m gonna start flagging these…

1. You paid 50 for the ticket not the skin.
  2. The skin was confirmed, day of, to be releasing for everyone, so you KNEW you were paying for early access only.
  3. Blizzard never said how they’d be releasing it. You should not have assumed they’d just make people pay for it.
    Based on all this, it is 100% your fault you spent 50 dollars just for the skin.

Learn how to read. It’s how you stop being “fooled” by promotions.

1 Like

Another person that bought the ticket just for the skin and didn’t read the fine print or watch Blizzcon where they clearly stated it would be available for everyone late 2019.

1 Like

It’s a good and bad situation for people who bought it. Yes almost any one can earn it by playing 9 games, on the other hand if you don’t get it this year there is a very good chance it will never return, the mini events have not been repeated thus far. So it’s still “Exclusive”.

If it was just in a loot box it be harder to get, but be here every year. Plus wasn’t the argument everyone gave was you weren’t paying for the skin, it was just a free bonus?

I mean that was what every one said when people complained about it being 50 bucks for a skin.

This is a good attitude to have towards it, imo. Glad to see an ticket holder who doesn’t want Blizzard to just break it’s word.

Where do you live where only those two groups dye their hair or gets tattoos?

While I think there’s a difference between what someones sells and what someone buys, I absolutely agree that it’s his own fault.

There’s been conversations about that skin for a good while

And how do we know that for sure? Because i never saw them post about sombra’s skin being buyable later on. So maybe it will be like the sombra skin as well

Idk maybe stop buying overpriced tickets for what most game developers make available for free?

Sorry you don’t know how to read the fine print, my guy.

It was announced early on that this skin would be accessible in 2019. Getting the skin a year ahead was the deal. Not sure why they decided that however.

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/news/22484225

Scroll down.

The in-game items for Overwatch, StarCraft II, and StarCraft: Remastered will also be available separately in 2019—further details will be announced at a later date.

Past years blizzcon skin wasn’t a Legacy skin, they said so ahead of time, this years is.

I mean this isn’t really the same thing. I get that the people complaining about the skins are being a bit annoying but this bike and hammer analogy doesnt really work. if someone wanted to get the hammer and screwdriver they can just buy a hammer and screwdriver without getting the bike. With the skins there is no option to just purchase them you need to get the ticket, so to people who only want the skins it can seem like a 50 dollar purchase for skins. it is clear your not just getting the skins and if someone only wants them and thinks 50 dollars is to much then they should just skip it.
If the skins could be purchased alone I bet there would be less complaining, I don’t doubt people would still complain but it would be less.

It said it right on the Blizzcon news page. WyomingMyst even posted a screenshot and thread about it here. And it was all over gaming media.

1 Like

Blizz: “Demon hunter sombra on ptr for 1k credits”
Playerbase: “Wtf that’s too cheap, we paid too much for it”
Blizz: “Ok” makes demon sombra free “Fixed for you”

1 Like

They literally said it would be available through other means after Blizzcon when you bought it. That’s your fault for not reading.

5 Likes

Reading comprehension really doesn’t exist on this forum, does it?

You only got scammed by your inability to read. They said at the time this would be available to the general public this year.