96% of buyers bought OW1 because it wasn't CoD

Yeah, the point OP was making is that OW2 is very much a DPS, FPS, fast paced game. A direction that OW1 has been moving to for a very long time.

I remember that so many people flocked to OW as their first “FPS” game, specifically because OW deviated so much from a traditional FPS. It was a game in which teamwork trumped raw aiming skill, in which many heroes didn’t wholly rely on clicking heads, and a game that was inclusive to non-FPS gamers and inclusive to even the physically disabled/differently abled.

OW has abandoned much of this open ecosystem in favor of something that would be more watchable for their esports league and competitive crowds and something that would appeal to more FPS/DPS players.

3 Likes

I mean that’s not entirely true. There’s plenty of OWL fan-favourite characters that aren’t just standard pewpew characters. Rein, Winston, Lucio, Doomfist, Genji, to name a few.

But its not like we are seeing a ton of Torb and Symmetra and Bastion too.

Some of those characters may not be traditional “FPS” based heroes, but they are played in a fast paced environment in the OWL.

Maybe not Bastion, but we’ve seen our fair share of Torb and Symmetra this season. They’re not generalists, but they have their place.

I dont mind the last part. Hell splitgate is awesome just for the game mode tbag confirmed.

OW team uses stuns as counters against certain heroes
Players complain about too many stuns in the game
OW team removes a big chunk of stuns in the game
Players complain about stuns being removed

Maybe the OW team has incompetent, but the players are making it impossible to balance this game. Just don’t listen to the players, do everything you would want, its your game devs. People can modify the game in workshop if they want shorter or longer stuns/DPS.

can you guys stop bumping this topic and just make your own, your taking time away from my day.)

(11/28/21)

(Just posting this also here… because youtube ads having been bugging me every 5 mins…) (hiding this here…)

96% of stats are made up, including this one.

1 Like

It’s very early to cast a “final” judgement per say, but I very much agree that OW2 is looking not favorable compared to what I hoped it would’ve been.

It would be decent for pros, at least. But for everyone else it’s likely to be miserable mess.