96% of buyers bought OW1 because it wasn't CoD

blizzard isnt doing that, one comment made and now everyone swears OW is cod lmao

2 Likes

It still doesn’t look like COD to me. I see an objective based, ability oriented, team game

2 Likes

OW2 isn’t out yet, dude.

1 Like

What I think, is that you should provide a source for your big claims M8.

1 Like

As long as they keep the team based objective aspect of it I’m fine with them giving more individual carry potential to the player. 5v5 will be A LOT easier to solo carry than it would be alternatively since you’re losing an entire peel role in off tanks. All of the lower elo players that claim to be stuck because of their teammates should be excited about that. Finally giving them their chance to prove that it’s not them (it is) lol.

Obviously this also comes with the problem that snipers and hitscan heroes are going to be very strong losing the off tank in ball/sigma/dva to check them. If they don’t account for this it’ll be a nightmare of double sniper permanently.

That being said, I see no world in which all tanks are going to be playable either. Zarya won’t realistically be able to compete with the rework they gave her, and especially not against ranged (sniper meta pogo) or high burst damage. Haven’t seen hogs rework yet, but I assume he’ll just be very similar to what he is now just with some kind of added affect to help his team, and a nerf to his dps. Same issue as Zarya. Can’t take spam or deal with ranged heroes.

Maybe they’ll find a way to make these non issues but from the past couple years of balancing that we’ve seen Im not sure that I have any faith. (Also the fact that they just made sombra the best dps in the game)

1 Like

They already talked about Zarya rework last time. Are you including that as well? Here a link if you missed it: Full Known OW2 Changes so far: Warning Big List

Yeah I’m talking about the shared cooldown bubbles. It’s not enough to let her compete with other tanks in a lot of situations. Maybe there’s more than that? Idk.

Lower the cooldown slightly or make bubble have slightly more health and raise the cooldown and maybe, but otherwise I can’t see a realistic reason to pick her over someone else like rein or ball (and maybe sig depending on how they rework him).

Maybe I’m jumping to conclusions without all the information, but Zarya as a solo tank I can’t see being that great with what we know.

Honestly Geoff laughing when talking about a Doomfist role change is a little concerning.

1 Like

I hope I’m wrong honestly, but I don’t think that I am

1 Like

Welp, going to enjoy breakfest then, likely the top two posts today will disappear by afternoon.

I think the issue is that people feel like it doesn’t even feel like over watch to them watching it so the closest thing they can think of is COD

3 Likes

A lot of the damage characters will need severe nerfs and reworks to not be tank busters with 1 less tank in the game. I’m doubtful that Blizzard realize this, and we’re going to end up with double sniper hitscan metas with new sombra played as well.

2 Likes

It looked like I the video that damage seemed toned down a bit. I’m not completely sure but if they did a global nerf on ults and damage that could help

to be fair the game is bad. And also to be fair once again, blizzard is owned by Activision who’s only cash cow is COD. It makes sense for them to put CoD orientated gameplay into it in order to try and boost player numbers and interest.

2 Likes

I bought Overwatch because it was Blizzard’s first attempt at a shooter and I wanted to support them. Before that, I hadn’t played any online shooters extensively since Halo 3 was big.

I also just wanted to learn how to play an FPS on PC since I hadn’t done it with mouse/keyboard before.

2 Likes

Are they though…

They are dumbing down the game, giving everyone passives, removing a tank and reworking everything to be ‘faster’. Have they ever played this game? It’s fast already it’s completely bonkers haha.

Tank synergy is an enormous part of this game, and removing it is a substantial change towards a classic fps, which is not the reason OW is revered… The queue times are only bad these days because it’s 5 years old and had very little updates in the last 2, people got bored.

I dunno… It just seems such a massive change to the fabric of the game, i’m not sold, at all, ill wait and see.

2 Likes

They technically already removed off supports completely

I think OW2 looks nothing like CoD so I don’t know what you’re on about

interesting to hear such a statement given the source

I mean… the difference here is that the pros got to play some aspect of OW2. There are no personal experiences to compare it with.