Drill Into the Competition in Overwatch 2 – Season 10

Drill Into the Competition in Overwatch 2 – Season 10

Dive into the latest season with the new Damage hero Venture and discover a world turned over in Mirrorwatch.

View Full Article

6 Likes

One question: Will it be possible to buy the “Fallen Knight Reinhardt” skin separate from the Ultimate bundle? [Edit: it looks like it will be possible to buy separately]

It’s really nice that we’re going to be able to get 600 Overwatch Coins for free every season as well - I have my eye on one of the previous Reinhardt skins so hoping it comes back!

Also I think I’m going to unlock the previous Junkerqueen mythic skin because that’s probably the best mythic in my opinion!

:partying_face:

So all they did with hero changes was nothing?

4 Likes

I can’t wait to drill. Wonder if this was Moira power shift?. Balance changes for S10 seems underwhelming.

1 Like

So earning these coins… can they be earned on the regular battle pass, or are the coins only earned in the Premium Battle Pass? The discussion was that they were removed from Weekly Challenges and moved into the Battle Pass. What that doesn’t tell us is whether or not they were removed and moved into a system in which you can only earn them if you pay for the original battle pass to begin with.

1 Like

Thanks for the update

1 Like

How come we’re introducing something that absolutely NO ONE asked for (mirrorwatch) yet they can’t give us a basic 6v6 mode?

I just don’t understand, I thought Blizzard wanted to make money… I’d happily buy a battlepass if there was a 6v6 playlist.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to use Venture, but it will be a fight of course against the queue times but also to be fast enough to pick them. Really loved the playstyle and I found they hit the perfect balance as it was during the trial weekend, but I guess we will see what the dev team changed.

ALL coins are in the free path, man. they announced it in the blog posts and confirmed by the previews of the content creators today. only prisms (the value for mythic skins) are in premium path.

In response to your feedback, we’re embarking on a journey to make it easier to earn rewards and give you more control over your Overwatch 2 experience. To that end, Coins are coming out of Weekly Challenges and going into the Battle Pass, making them easier to earn as you play. But that’s not all – we’re pumping up the number of Coins you can earn per season, with up to 600 Overwatch Coins now available through the Battle Pass.

This is what they said in their blog post. Nowhere in there does it state that its in the free path.

Now, maybe there’s some popular youtuber out there who announced more information. I don’t know. I don’t follow content creators. So I go based on what Blizzard has announced. If it’s in the free path? Great. They should at least mention that themselves.

This feels embarrassing.

Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I had a positive experience during a developer update.

3 Likes

I love playing Venture!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You guys increased the earnable content with 60 CENTS (to a total of $6 USD) when you pricetag the content you release around $300-$400 USD per season.

Tone deaf. The minimum this game needs is 3-5 coins per match finish, and if you don’t see that the game is beyond saving.

I can’t even earn legacy cosmetics at a decent rate, it total they cost over 1 million legacy credits. Earning legacy credits through the battlepass even with the premium takes over 50 years.

6 Likes

Please make the legacy competitive points to the new ones.

2 Likes

Starting Season 10, you will earn coins as you progress through the Free and Premium tracks of the Battle Pass, making them easier and more consistent to earn. We’re also increasing the number of coins you can earn for free from 540 to 600 coins per season.

From Stylosa, a complete Battle pass season 10 preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEsYhGVXJmI

• min 8:08 = LV10, 200 Coins Free
  • min 14:40 = LV 49, 200 Coins Free
  • min 19:22 = LV 79, 200 Coins Free

Total: 600 coins

They’re free to earn for everyone since they are literally the weekly challenge coins moved to the BP. Weekly challenge coins are available for everyone and you get 540 coins per season if you complete 12 weekly challenges every week of a season (60 coins per week × 9 week season = 540 coins). Now they upgraded it to 600 per season and moved it to the BP.

this is so infuriating and disappointing and my expectations were already ridiculously low

1 Like

Sounds like a you problem . Game might not be for you anymore.

1 Like

for the amount of coins or because you have to play an extremely easy battle pass to complete in 3-4 weeks instead of 12 challenges every week? :sweat_smile:

that „up to 600” can mean that not all the coins will be on the free battle pass. Probably they are going to give some in the Free BP, and the rest if u pay for the BP, like all the games that have this kind of incentives do with their BPs.