Defense Matrix – Deterring Leavers in Overwatch 2

Defense Matrix – Deterring Leavers in Overwatch 2

In our latest Defense Matrix update, we take a look at a major step to deter disruptive leavers in Overwatch 2

View Full Article

20 Likes

A step towards the death of Overwatch. I’m in favor of this because at least they wont be reaping the undeserved rewards anymore.

If you truly want to fix this issue, by the way, maybe reward the player who stay in the match better. A measly 60 OW coins a week isn’t going to make me want to stay in a match where it’s an obvious stomp unless I try my absolute hardest (which I’m not going to do in a QP casual game that’s supposed to be for relaxing).

Also, nobody talks in this game anymore unless they’re trying to farm endorsements with faux positivity. People who want to harass other’s simply do so on a new account where they risk nothing. Bullies can now freely harass you while you have to sit there in silence so that you don’t lose all of the cosmetics you earned from years of playing. You’ve removed the competitiveness and the social aspect from a competitive team-based game. Congrats

83 Likes

“In our latest defense Matrix, we decided to massively increase the number of players throwing matches to avoid Leaver Penalties because we don’t understand how to positively incentivize people to stay in matches.”

98 Likes

its an improvement…

its not an issue thats completely solvable…but i applaud the effort…just wish it had happened 6 years ago :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

Thank you! Leavers werent just annoying for the players in the game they left, they probably also queue the next game already being tilted. That should give them time too cool off and actually reconsider just leaving.

19 Likes

Excellent update very interesting!

:+1:

8 Likes

It won’t work like that. What’ll happen is players will simply play Widow as if she’s Soldier 76, or Ball as if he’s Roadhog. You’ll see a massive influx of players throwing matches completely because they don’t want the ban penalty.

This is not the fix that blizzard thinks it is. This is them desperately trying to force people to play their game by punishing leaving, unaware it’s going to have the exact opposite impact on the quality of matches.

24 Likes

only for comp? , should not be applied for quickplay , and what happens to players who may experience an error or driver failure?

2 Likes

People who throw will just get reported and suspended anyways.

12 Likes

Playing Badly isn’t reportable. If someone wants to pretend Widow is Soldier 76 and just Run and Gun, or spend all match zipping into the air going for trick shots, that’s not reportable.

32 Likes

You aren’t gonna get banned for quitting the odd total stomp match

2 Likes

Making mistakes isnt reportable. Throwing is.

10 Likes

Read the god damn article, is it really that hard? These changes don’t apply to comp, and it’s only for people who leave 4 of the last 20 matches they’ve played. If your game is crashing that frequently then you just need to log off anyways and stop ruining other peoples games.

6 Likes

I think hes saying why arent these changes only for comp and it shouldnt be implemented for quickplay

1 Like

These changes are already in comp, are a lot harsher, and have existed since the launch of comp mode…

3 Likes

Comp already has a leaver penalty system with time suspensions.

4 Likes

This is only going to shrink the playerbase further.

15 Likes

I know i was just trying to make sense of what the other guy possibly meant in his post

1 Like

So i wont be able to play with people which only stay for the first teamfight anyways? Awww man.

8 Likes

Yea i know, i was just trying to clarify what the other guy possibly meant