Introducing our most exciting season yet... Overwatch 2: Invasion

Introducing our most exciting season yet... Overwatch 2: Invasion

Overwatch 2's biggest playable drop yet: Story Missions, a new core PVP game mode, a new hero, and more is coming August 10.

View Full Article

11 Likes

cooool, single player?

2 Likes

So after all that drama, you still want us to pay for the few missions you’ve been holding onto for years?
Wish I was more shocked.

But you guys said no more PvE, so I won’t bother spending a dime. It’s what you wanted. Right?

167 Likes

"You can get started on your mission to save the world with the Overwatch 2: Invasion Bundle for $15 USD. This bundle includes:

Permanent access to the Overwatch 2: Invasion Story Missions
1,000 Overwatch Coins (equal to the Premium Battle Pass, $10 USD value)
A brand-new Sojourn Legendary skin ($19 USD value)
Permanent access to Sojourn as a playable hero for new players: unlocked upon completing Story Mission challenges.
The Overwatch 2: Invasion bundle is intended to give new and veteran players alike the opportunity to explore this brand-new story arc while giving them additional coins to unlock the Premium Battle Pass or to buy cosmetic content for their favorite Hero.

You can also upgrade to the Overwatch 2: Ultimate Invasion Bundle for $40 USD, you will have access to all the above, as well as:

The Null Sector Premium Battle Pass with 20 Battle Pass skips ($30 USD value)
An additional 1,000 Overwatch Coins, for a total of 2,000 Overwatch Coins ($20 USD value)
Two additional Legendary skins for Cassidy and Kiriko ($38 USD value)."

3 Likes

Funny joke. We still got to get through season 5 first.

11 Likes

Okay, good to know. Thanks

1 Like

Oh this is gonna piss off alot of people :tada: :dotted_line_face: :exploding_head:

7 Likes

You’re telling me all that costs less than a single legendary skin?

The fact that the PvE costs anything is an insult

82 Likes

buyable. You meant buyable.

76 Likes

If they didn’t add the extra skin(s) and coins. I’d still feel dumb giving them 5 bucks considering how long they’ve had it in their pocket.
It should be free as a “sorry” at this point.

27 Likes

They bragged about how much the BP and cash shop is earning them. There’s no reason to paywall or time lock these if they have the capacity to make them available at all times.

And I’m not yelling at the devs about this one. It has the crusty ball stink of Bobby Activision all over it.

29 Likes

The whole article is trying to sell us so many different bundles jeez

49 Likes

it’s so hard to be a fan of this game

112 Likes

Well to me it sounds like it’ll be free for a limited time. The key word I’m seeing is “Permanent” on all the buyable packs, which ya know would be fine if they’re fun and there was an inkling of decent replayability but oh wait! They canceled the core design to make it replayable didn’t they?
Tragic.

I’ll just wait til some YTer/Streamer uploads or plays it if it is paywalled. Not like I’ll always have a hero available I want to play in the first place.

12 Likes

I’m just tired, man. I… I don’t even. I-I can’t deal with this. I’m glad that after 4 years we’re FINALLY getting PVE… but I’m not even hyped anymore. The spark is just gone.

Cool, I guess…?

33 Likes

I hope they figure out the cure for mortality because i would give almost anything to be alive when these morally inept fk nuggets go bankrupt in a couple dozen decades.

18 Likes

That’s why it feels weird to make us pay for it.
They just got done saying “No, that’s not the direction we want to go”
Then they see people still looking that way. And they say “okay, 10 bucks for the bit we did manage to do.”
Like that’s the way to get people back on their side.

I’m glad I was taking another break next season.

11 Likes

Based take, from what we’ve seen so far I think the mission maps they’ve been working on look beautiful. Unless they pulled a CDPR and deliberately lied to the leads about progress, the blame is on Big Bucks Bobby.

2 Likes

Even if you’re okay with paying for these bundles, this still means you can’t play PvE with all your friends now. What a joke
edit: also, even if you don’t have friends, this also means the queue times are going to unbearable after the first few weeks

11 Likes

I really tried to be supportive of Blizzard.
Lately however it felt like Blizzard is like “If we haven’t disappointed you with our latest news, it’s because it’s not the time yet because we will” and they always manage to.

I see why Jeff left

39 Likes