Game crashing while trying to play

Since this most recent update, I cannot play the game. Anytime I get into a match or open the shop my game freezes on me. I have to ALT+F4 to get out of the game or shot off my PC entirely. I cannot spectate games either without it crashing. It does this on both quickplay and arcade game modes. My game was fine when I last played 2 days ago.

8 Likes

Happening to me too. Shop, hero gallery, and loading into any form of game mode all cause my game to freeze. I can sometimes close it, but have had to restart my PC a few times.

1 Like

I am having the same issue, open the game - get stuck on start up screen it sits there for ~5 minutes, then errors out and tells me to log in again. I disabled any applications with overlays, then it got me to the main menu, but crashed when I clicked on the shop. Even ran scan and repair and was told no issues were found.

I literally just played this game last night with no problems whatsoever.

2 Likes

Having the same problems man.

1 Like

Same, I cant do anything and will try do repair the game using Battlenet

1 Like

Sadly the repair doesn’t do anything I tried : (

1 Like

Just adding to this, same thing for me

1 Like

I wonder when they are ganna fix this.

I hope soon. I don’t wanna be able to not play for half of the season because of some stupid event update.

Happening to me too. Drivers fully updated. havent had an issue till this patch.

Same here. Game no worky.

Exactly the same problem. Open game, then stuck, then all PC freezes, and need to restart.

1 Like

Same exact problem here. Sometimes it actually lets me play… for 1 minute and then crashes, but most of the time it doesn’t even go past the “entering game” loading screen

Irl friend I stack with is going through this, tried everything he could short of reinstalling and no luck. He’s reinstalling now so we’ll see.

Edit: Reinstalling didn’t fix this problem for him.

1 Like

same here I’ve restarted 8 times.

1 Like

Same here. No idea what to do.

I tried reparing the game, as I said earlier, and it didnt work…
To be honest, I have problems with this kind of freeze for some months, but it was happening only at my profile page. It was annoying but I could play the game without looking my matches history or saving highlights

Same here. Was just playing the evening before. Double checked for updates, verified game files multiple times, restarted, logged out. Nothing worked and I have not seen an official response.

1 Like

Same here. Ridiculous! Are you going to fix this, dear Blizz? Played last week and everything was fine (more or less, ha-ha), but now I can’t even pass the start screen. Checked everything. Restarted like 15 times and gave up.

It’s crashed on me 3 times now since the update, first as soon as I got into the main menu, 2nd as I tried to go into a game of the new mode, and 3rd whilst looking at the hero menu whilst queueing for bots to see if it would work :frowning: