7 v 7 could save the day

That could be actually great game,
just heroes like Genji or Tracer would be unplayable.

But 2 tanks, 3 dps, 2 heals could still work and I think it would be much more fun than 5v5 which isnt good at all.

Dps would have to see significant nerfs to damage output, otherwise you’d have to buff healing. If you do neither, then you need to buff damage mitigation which means barriers and defense matrix.

Under 2/3/2, you have a few options.

• Buff healing. Consequence: Team fights take forever because nothing dies.
  • Nerf damage and healing. Consequence: Neither dps nor support feel impactful anymore, and matches will ultimately be decided by Tank 1v1s.
  • Buff damage mitigation. Consequence: Rein, Sigma, Zarya, D.Va and Ram get significant buffs. The game becomes Shieldwatch.

5v5 isn’t perfect, but it is infinitely better than 6v6, 7v7, etc.

I mean it was and always will be in most games, a leaver is unwinnable or next to. Your entire team has to be playing out of their mind to combat the loss of a player, and I believe that the entire team has to contribute is the best way to play the game. 6v6, 7v7, or even 8v8 is such a bad idea that I can’t even fathom how fast this game would go back to 20 min queues.

Please, do tell. We’re waiting on pins and needles.

And?

What, you don’t want the developers of this game putting in any effort to make it actually good?

dummy. maybe you would have to be obliterated by me to realize the level at which exceptionals play. PRESENT DAY and HISTORICALLY: i average 4 elims per life. my respawns per 10 is 4. which means that i usually never respawn except occasionally to an enemy ULT. exceptionals perform at a level in which you have not yet been introduced.

it didn’t start out that way. unwinnable now bc nearly all characters have been nerfed into oblivion. resulting in auto loss should you lose a teammate which occurs periodically and sometimes frequently. players use to stay and fight when down a player prior to excessive artificial nerf impairments.

fiction. mathematically, more ppl in game means less ppl “waiting” in queue. therefore, the wait time wouldn’t be longer than present day. excessive shortage of players is what causes long wait times.

no way that the vast pool of developer ingenuity couldn’t eventually pull off anything higher than 12. even if it means upgrading the ow engine. which is overdue so that all characters move fluidly, organic character motion, rather than like 1990s motion architecture.

E X A C T L Y

you know, now that you say it, an OW ground war sounds absolutely exotic and would immediately reverse the exodus. Many games have ground war modes. But we still want our 7 v 7 or 8 v 8 for standard competitive play.

1 Like

Nowhere in that comment did he say it isn’t possible. That isn’t the issue.

oh we all know it’s possible. with coding you’re only limited by imagination.

Yes. Like both Jeff and I said, that isn’t the issue.

then there isn’t one.

There is.

why you change the topic from 7 to 8? isn’t good for the continuity of the argumentation, epsecially after over 200 posts.

I haven’t touched the game since OW2’s release week and the fact that people still have debates about this fundamental change tells me it’s still far from enjoyable to play.

bc i was pestered endlessly that 5 v 5 scattered snooze fest was the ideal configuration. so i upgraded. to even numbers. i won’t go above 8 though. no need. unless we’re talking an exotic ground war. which, ow is in need of something exotic. lastly, to be clear, 7 v 7 or 8 v 8, is acceptable.

I’d rather they devote that effort to improving 5v5. It’d be far better than 7v7 with limitations on who you can pick.

valid question: if the rumor is, ow engine can only handle 12 players,
then 14, would crash the app? if adding 2 more players would crash app, then you would think 6 v 6 would’ve ran slightly sluggish. it didn’t. 3 tanks + unnerf entire ow roster would reverse the exodus.

Using the forum(where the most whiny players come) with maybe less than 500 active users, to gauge the overwatch community as a whole is laughable.

you’re payroll damage control.
so your remarks hold zero validity.
as far as active users well
5 v 5 triggered an exodus.

Lmao, keep telling yourself that buddy while blizzard rakes in the cash. 5v5 is here to stay, and I for one at glad. Get over it or find a new game.

cash? from the desolate OW2 shop?
5 v 5 is scheduled for extinction
or OW is itself. let’s see how far and wide
the exodus permeates.