Impossible to contact Blizzard Support

I’m just starting this up because I ran into a simple server shut down error and wanted to know if it counted my competitive game as a loss and in this process I realized it is really hard to contact Blizzard Support. I keep going through all the in game issues and there is no way to actually submit a ticket. I know it’s a simple question, but I’ve been forking over my money and time to them, the least they could do is make it easy to send in an email question. Anybody else experience this, or am I missing something obvious?

2 Likes

Greetings, for your specific inquiry, Blizzard Support would not be able to check the status of Competitive record which is probably why you are not reaching a point to submit a service ticket, and are being referred to our existing support articles.

To answer your question, even if you did get hit with a competitive penalty, chances are the starting suspension has likely ended by now, and you should be able to resume playing Competitive Play. When you reach your next Competitive rank update, there will be an indicator in the UI showing if you had any leaver violations in that set of matches.

2 Likes

I appreciate the response, I got pretty frustrated trying to learn if the server drop (which happened all the players in the match) had an impact. I was unaware about the leaver violations notice at time of adjustment. Made my day better knowing someone actually hears my question even as it is simple. Thanks again.

Sorry that this is happening to you I hope you managed to get in contact with them…

2 Likes

Craig do you think we could get any news on mouse and keyboard support for console? Especially given the fact that the manufacturers of consoles now openly and easily support mouse and keyboard… This was the last thing we hear…

:heart:

3 Likes

They openly allow it only for games the manufacturers allow…

Microsoft actually openly encourages developers to add mouse and keyboard support for all games…

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxFZpRclzYezM25TDu0HqqwtfVw_2TSG5g

:thinking:

2 Likes

Not from what I’ve heard. The game creater has to agree and so does the manufacturer, I haven’t seen any games that’ve been approved recently for ms at least.

See this video…

:pouting_cat:

1 Like

I guess I could believe it, but is sony willing to? And how would nintendo feel? Actually idk personally if you can use a k&m on switch so that may not apply.

Sony and Nintendo don’t need to be on board for them to add it to Xbox and put them into the PC pool…

:astonished:

1 Like

Pretty sure Doom 64 supports it, but it’s one of very few games that does.

Wasn’t this thread about a competitive game loss question? Not whether you want mouse and keyboard on console…

3 Likes

I know, but then it becomes a problem of having less players in console pools and risking that bugging so they have aim assist still, cause we know how blizz is…

Yeah but this is the only way to reach Craig…

Actually by giving players choice of peripheral that they wish to use you will potentially increase the number of players attracted to the platform because it will pull from PC players who will then be interested in getting a console…

I don’t see this affecting the current player base who is already used to using a controller or pulling away from that segment and even if it does this at least benefits the PC players and Overwatch is a PC game first and foremost isn’t it?

:flushed:

1 Like

Geezus wtf man…

This sounds like the equivalent of a cop saying “Just pay the fine it’s not worth the hassle of taking time off work, losing pay, going to court and fighting it even you didn’t do anything wrong.”

1 Like

I kind of agree, I didn’t know about the leaver thing in adjustment, but that’s why I said that I didn’t leave and the server shut down, it was a vague answer but at least someone responded to me lol.

Go to tech-contact support-contact support
If your on phone go to “Not listed here”

But, support is nothing but bots and won’t help you. Sometimes you won’t even get the usual automated response.

Wait Hulk so do you know if Sony is for or against this?