Announcing the 36 Teams Competing in the 2023 Overwatch® World Cup

Announcing the 36 Teams Competing in the 2023 Overwatch® World Cup

The international Overwatch 2® competition returns.

View Full Article

10 Likes

No thanks.

I rather have good balancing.

47 Likes

Well nice I guess.

No thanks you killed Roadhog…

Excited to watch the sojourn vs. sojourn matches!!!

39 Likes

This will definitely become a giant advertisement for skins.

3 Likes

the sad part about that is the money probably doesnt go to the tournament, players and owl in general but to bobby’s pockets and the investor’s pockets.

5 Likes

36 teams, the same mirrored 6 to 7 heroes played. Sounds like garbage.

Hope that OWL teams lawsuit against Blizzard kicks them hard.

Also, how is the Chinese team going to play?

10 Likes

Oh boy, I sure would love to watch what would likely be mirror matches and that would definitely always include sojourn!

…but I think I’ll pass. Maybe if Sojourn and a few other problematic and boring heroes had been nerfed…

3 Likes

I’m very excited for the OWWC’s return, but disappointed that they’re still referring to Taiwan as “Chinese Taipei”, even when China isn’t involved at all after the Netease situation.

5 Likes

This is really cool to hear I can’t wait to watch it!

The article covers this a bit. China is still involved. Seems likely the teams will be invited to compete elsewhere (i.e. play the game in a location where it wouldn’t have required Netease’s platform) to see who gets the guaranteed China slot for the LAN tournament.

1 Like

I don’t care, hopefully OW esports dies soon anyway.

6 Likes

Why isn’t Iceland Competing. Dumb…

Aaaaall right now I get why Sojourn isn’t getting nerfed. The World Cup. You want those flashy plays.

This is just group stages and online tryouts.

The actual tournament is in the Summer.

No thank you, I am sure there will be skin drops to attract viewers so you have metrics for the board.

1 Like

Fix the game first if you want someone to care.

3 Likes

Really looking forward to this. Hoping team UK can pull off a good run. We got some great players so definitely possible.

Considering pro tournaments don’t use skins that argument really falls flat on its face.

2 Likes

I don’t have anything nice to say, so this is all I’m going to say:

:ok: