I miss WyomingMist

He always gave such fabulous writeups for things, and he was so dang good at organizing information from Blizzard.

It’s awful, but I feel like ever since he got hired on by Blizzard, we haven’t seen him at all. Which… seems really backwards to me. No blame whatsoever for him working with them, I’m hoping it’s been a good job so far.

But his absence is definitely felt here =(

30 Likes

That said, literally no one from Blizzard is here anymore. We’ll see how much is behind their promise of more and better communication this time.

30 Likes

There must be some policy preventing him from speaking about anything. He was never afraid to engage the community, and you don’t get forum mvp by not going above and beyond for helping people.

I’m glad he got hired though. He was dedicated for years and it finally got rewarded. Pretty inspirational for never giving up and being tenacious.

23 Likes

It’s so weird how they hire people to be community managers only to seemingly ship them off into the void, and funnily enough in Wyoming’s case, stop him from doing the effective CMing he was already doing for free before. I wonder what their real job entails.

19 Likes

It is kind of weird not seeing him here anymore. He hasn’t even been posting new event stuff like the double xp weekend happening right now.

Hope he’s doing well, whatever they got him doing. Got a kick out of seeing his name pop up on a few streams after the last streamer event they did.

1 Like

I assume he’s the one writing the blog posts.

1 Like

Just in case people aren’t aware.

Craig = WyomingMyst

16 Likes

My guess, based on what they have said before and their total lack of community interaction is that they deal with people like Streamers, who are more valuable to them than players. Maybe they do copywriting? They’re clearly not meant to be interactive social media managers or else they’ve got a whole lot of free time.

3 Likes

I don’t. Most of the green text jokers aren’t worth reading their drivel.

LOL, that’s the level of individual Blizzard wants to hire. The comedy continues.

2 Likes

Yeah, I did know that. But he’s definitely been a lot less present now that Blizzard hired him. Which… yeah.

2 Likes

Eh he shilled quite hard, cant say I miss him much.

3 Likes

AndyB and the other community manager (whose name I can’t remember sorry) have also been way less active on here. I understand being gone for the holidays but you would think they’d be back on the forums by now.

He went AWOL since they hired him.

He used to spend hours on the forums on a daily basis and now that he gets paid for it he’s nowhere to be seen. Weird.

Blizzard probably told him to go radio silent so we don’t eat him alive with our complaints. But it doesn’t make any sense having CM’s on a payroll only to post some official announcement once a month.

3 Likes

I think the worst part about it is that I would LITERALLY RATHER they be in here occasionally and just saying “we know you wanna know, but we can’t say anything yet” over them just not being around at all.

Sure, this place can get nasty, but they don’t need to reply to every negative post or complaint or anything, like, just being around from time to time is enough to at least let us know they’re still committed and care. Post a random poll. Post some random teaser art. Reply to the occasional thread. Right now it honestly feels like they’ve just totally abandoned the place.

7 Likes

It’s honestly pretty sad, though, when you hire someone to communicate with the community, only for them to never get the chance to communicate with the community.

2 Likes

If I had to guess, the policy is just workload.

He is busy as hell.

He posts kind of a lot as far as announcements.

he’s getting paid to be a “community manager” now. I think the last thing they want him to do is post like a forumgoer. While community managers do interact, they aren’t paid to “hangout” with us. Forum wise, they are supposed take the feedback and input from us, filter it, and relay it to the people that it should be relevant to. While I don’t know exact details, I’m betting they have non-forum related responsibilities too.

2 Likes

This forum is not the community of overwatch, YouTube Twitter reddit are far more bigger.

If anything they are behind tweets and YouTube comments,

1 Like

Forum posts are only a tiny % of what CMs do.

They are probalby in a lot of meetings and they work with data, turning it into useful information from developers. Forum posts are not particularly useful data either. Its just biased noise form people saying a little bit of everything

1 Like

He is locked in Blizzard dungeon, gotta be.

1 Like