Creating visual effects for a god with the Junker Queen Mythic skin

Creating visual effects for a god with the Junker Queen Mythic skin

Zeus Junker Queen embodies a super-charged electrical aesthetic that you see throughout.

View Full Article

8 Likes

Hopefully Mercy will get the next mythical, if not any other support hero is fine :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

I think I will be a support for sure. It makes sense since we got a damage followed by a tank.

I’d say it’s likely going to be Mercy next, maybe Lucio as a possible 2nd most likely pick.

2 Likes

Either Mercy or Kiriko.

Tis my guess.

6 Likes

Did they ever do part 2 of the matchmaker article? Been busy so may have missed it.

7 Likes

Don’t think so. It may be coming up with the Hog rework at the end of the month.

1 Like

At first I was very disappointed by the junkerqueen choice but the skin is absolutely sick and she is much more fun than expected so probs for that.

1 Like

Look guys. An advertisment.

And? Did you bought the pass?
Blizzard would love that you know.

14 Likes

Y’all are really releasing ish like this while sojourn is ruining the game. Ok.

1 Like

I have many complaints about Overwatch 2 regarding monetization and matchmaking, but the art team is killing it.

5 Likes

Mercy is my least played support by a lot, but idc. I want a support mythic skin. no matter who it is.

3 Likes

cuz they are outsourced

I would have liked to see more of those nuances visible in the concept art (green in the blue version or purple in the red version) but the skin and its graphic effects are satisfactory. congrats hci took care of the skin.

unfortunately I can’t say the same as the marketing department which is excessively devaluing this exclusive seasonal skin making the Battle Pass the only economic bundle of the game compared to a STANDARD gallery… with prices that are too exclusive and prohibitive. :neutral_face: and we all agree that the BP has been stripped of its theme only to make too much money in the shop shamefully on individual skins.

3 Likes

I wonder why they didn’t include the Red variant. Genji got 3 color variants, so why doesn’t JQ?

3 Likes

“What I mean by that—when you see a Lúcio shooting around a corner, you can recognize those projectiles are his even before you see him. That’s part of his design,” he says. “So, when we’re creating new textures, the hero still needs to be recognizable and true to their vibe. We want you to know who’s shooting.”

This is interesting, because it also means that for PvE some of those restrictions can be made less.

You don’t have to worry about the extra time it takes for the enemy team to work out who is shooting. As long as the enemies in PvE are consistent in their attacks, everything else is your teams.

1 Like

Greek gods don’t wear tights.

The skin alone is good but there isn’t much in terms of customization.
Also it was pretty dumb decision to call a female skin “Zeus”.

1 Like

Congrats, I have it and not a single voice line, emote or highlight intro.

How stupid of me to expect even a single of those low value items to be included for the hero who has your current flagship skin used to sell the battlepass.

Ofcourse I need to go buy those seperatly.

Consider this my last contribution to your coffers ever,
seeing as your greed simply knows no bounds.

Also, how easy would it have been to simply make the knife’s graphics those of a thunderbolt, even if only on the players end?

And lastly, a color wheel is too much to ask for your mythic skins?

6 Likes

Greek Goods are not real.

1 Like