Kick off the New Year with a Double XP Weekend

Happy new year, everyone! We are starting the year off with a bang by bringing back Double XP for this weekend! During Double XP Weekend, your accumulated match XP from each match played will be doubled. Please note any XP rewarded for completing challenges, bonus XP for participating in flex queue or impacted roles in Role Queue, and any XP rewards from endorsements are not doubled during double XP weekends. Double XP Weekend is running from:

• January 6 – 11:00 AM PDT to January 9 – 11:00 AM PDT

When you receive double XP for your matches played, you should see the total number of XP after each match be higher than normal. However, the end-of-game Battle Pass screen will not indicate the amount that is multiplied. Double XP Weekends are a great chance to complete your Battle Pass and unlock the Zeus Junker Queen Mythic Skin! We look forward to seeing you in-game!

26 Likes

Thanks Craig! Happy new year :tada:

3 Likes

Well, that’s nice. Maybe I can finish the BP this weekend. Maybe some friends will reappear and I can play in a group again.

8 Likes

That’s nice and all.

But the devs really should just kick out a quick placeholder balance change on Sojourn/Hog.

• Hog: 600hp, 250selfheal
  • Sojourn: Lower the damage on non-ult rail so that it doesn’t oneshot with a mercy pocket.

Maybe:

• Orisa: Primary fire damage reduced by 1

This kind of stuff should be obvious.

Rather than waiting until two 2 weeks before the 9 week season is over to fix the most glaring problems.

And yes, that kinda messes with fine tune testing data. But tbh.

1. The game needs big changes, which will override fine tuning
  2. You don’t need as-much or as-quality testing data if you just patch more frequently.

Fast mostly gut-check balancing is what’s needed. And it’s kinda upsetting the devs are trying to move a mountain of sand with tweezers and a magnifying glass.

14 Likes

I would like to see something more along the lines preventing her from rotating her damage reduction abilities in a chain more… she can rotate them with little time between where she takes extra damage. She’s pretty much like an MMO tank using damage reduction cooldowns.

She’s easily the most beefy tank in terms of trying to kill.

That said, not really the topic to talk about this I guess… oh well.

3 Likes

Tbh, I didn’t really think about it that much. But they don’t really a perfect solution for a “temporary fix” patch.

“Good enough for now” should be their creed for the foreseeable future.

Please look into why Practice vs AI Queue times are taking so long to find a game no matter what difficulty. Usually it takes me max 3 minutes to find a game. (Cross-play is enabled)

1 Like

Is no one going to address the swift step bug on Kiriko? She cannot cleanse herself from negative effects when using swift step.

2 Likes

Thanks for the double exp weekend!!

Some stuff I read on Reddit:

• People would really love the Battle of Olympus to be a PvE experience.
  • that “changes daily” label in the arcade is really distracting and could be just an icon.
4 Likes

Does it stack with the PBP +20% though?

Should update this and be more clear that people need to buy the Premium Battle Pass as well else they don’t get the skin, unless this was changed in S2.

1 Like

Thank you :blush: this really helps with the Prestige Battle Pass levels, Happy New Years :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

that’s great new but for someone who finish the entire BP now I have no use for this event. wish the leveling system comes back.

4 Likes

I’m still sad that these aren’t doubled. It makes these double XP events seem rather lackluster.

13 Likes

Well if you cant log in and do daily and weekly challenges ordinarily why should you get double xp for completing them on double xp weekends ? After all you can near as dammit complete the BP just doing those.

Awww look at this. The developers giving the players something so that they can be quiet and accept this trash battle pass system like sheep.

And watch as people fall for it. I swear, you could feed this playerbase anything and they’ll take even scraps.

8 Likes

thanks this is nice. Now when do i get my owl skins that were promised in Oct/22? thats a ridiculously long time to wait. shame on you

6 Likes

So your only getting double match exp which is 1000 on a win normally and maybe 500 or 700 on loses. So just like last time we won’t really notice it and we don’t have a feature to bank the BP level for the next season, long with many other issues not addressed.

3 Likes

Still have to finish 10 matches to pay my -75% exp debt from leaving stomps so I would care less.

3 Likes

so now for “chore of olympus” mode I get about 1400 instead of 1200 per game, very nice

5 Likes