Account merge not working, treated as new player

I try pressing on the merge button and nothing happens. Not only this but I got the tutorial prompt, and all my heroes/stats are locked/missing. Obviously seeing the problem from a bunch of others, but I figured I’d put my own piece in here in case. Just hoping that I didnt need to do anything aside from connecting my Xbox to my Battlenet, which I did months prior to the Cross Progression announcement.

If anyone has anything to say for possible reassurance or also state they’re having the same problem, I’d appreciate it.

6 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen many having the same issue and a friend of mine as well

2 Likes

It’s definitely an annoyance. My main concern is that Blizzard will just outright let everyone lose their stuff. I had plenty of skins I had that were from the Origins Edition, and just a lot of skins I had that I recieved over the years of playing. Any idea of there was something that was needed to be done in the first game, aside from connecting your console and battlenet accounts?

5 Likes

Apparently, back in August, Blizzard launched a cross-progression feature in which players could merge multiple Overwatch accounts to carry progression and in-game cosmetics into Overwatch 2 on a single profile, and it was mandatory to merge your account to carry over progress from Overwatch into Overwatch 2, but if you only played Overwatch on a single platform, you don’t have to do anything, you’re good!!

2 Likes

Three of my friends have told me that they only used their consoles and have already got their stuff, and I have only ever played Overwatch on my console. My stuff however is not there. When playing Overwatch 2, I tried playing on my PC first with my account when the game came out, and when playing either console or PC, nothing is happening.

3 Likes

Hello, thanks for your report. When you have a chance, would you mind relogging and press the account merge button again? Please let us know if that helps to resolve the issue. Thanks for your patience.

4 Likes

Im having the same issue - i believe my PC account over-wrote my PS4 account. My PS4 one had skins from 2016, now when I log on i dont have any OW1 hours/skins/icons.

I have done this and I am in the queue, but I am worried that what Phroditus had said might be the same for me.

Yeah, it’s probably still bugged, and hopefully it’ll be fixed by tomorrow because I’m still having issues with my account still being wiped and losing a lot of cosmetics items

I think I might have merged inproperly, as I didnt get a prompt to change accounts, and I’m worried that there isn’t a way to revert it so I do not lose my items and stats.

Im on ps4 and my cosmetics and stats arent there still. Im getting worried because the account merge is still not working. But i linked my console to my battle.net a few days ago idk if its the same thing.

Im having the same issue. Account merge still isnt working. Ive logged out and tried again but nothing is happening.
Is it because i didnt connect my OW1 to my battle net account? I only did it the day OW2 launched

Make sure the battlenet account you merged with isn’t different from the one associated with your OW battletag

Okay, I’ve found that my skins are now slowly starting to return on my console. It seems my merge is working, but I will update this if something goes wrong.

It doesn’t it puts us in a fake que that get no where

1 Like

I tried this and it doesn’t work

OW on console didnt have a battle net login requirement right? So it wasnt connected to one until i linked it the other day

Issue does persist for me. I did go through multiple merges already. Temporary? Yea, temporary store was there. I don’t know what is going wrong. But I guess some data is corrupted for whatever reason? I mean there obviously is some client to server communication where the game asks the server about my merge and gets some kind of answer, then it does try to do as programmed. However, it - until know - did fail every time.

My account is successfully merged and all my items have returned, so I’m personally good to go. I hope everyone else gets their own items back through the merge soon.

1 Like

I’m unfortunately in the same situation you’re in. Looks like my PC account overwrote my Xbox account that had all my stats and skins on it. Now I’m just a lowly no skin having to win 50 QP matches to play comp again even though I’ve been playing comp since season 1 on xbox…