70-80 hours to level the battlepass is NOT BAD

I still have borderlands 3 to finish…

Good thing is: with ow2 coming… I have mkre time for all these games that have been silently sitting on my accounts.

So…I’d need to play OW2 around 10 hours a week every week for 9 straight weeks? That’s a LOT.

If you ONLY play OW2, then okay that’s not too much. But if you are like me and have 3 tabletop games a week, play a MMO, and enjoy a large library of games as well as being a reader…that’s a ton of time to ask me to PAY for the privilege to find time in my busy schedule to grind out the items I already paid for.

5 Likes

Therefore i think the only rational explanation… People defending this just have school/job and nothing else to do with theit lives.

No friends, relationships, other games or hobbys.

Therefore they spam so hard for blizz.

Some of them probably that rich and can affort to unlock everything with money but most of them wont.

2 Likes

It amounts to about 5 hours per week. Easily done for most people who are into the game. The Friday night drunkards and drug abusers who show up and destroy games are out of luck. Good riddance.

Project much?

I dont have 7 alts to jump to and shill for blizz on the forums unlike you.

1 Like

LOL yes - “shill” when I literally point out 5 hours per week is reasonable. You are such an angry person Kate, why? Who hurt you?

If it makes you feel better I only plan on running three alts in OW2 routinely, if I have the time for them.

The amount of time is irrelevant, you are voluntarily turning your hobby into a chore that needs to be accomplished, you are going to burn yourself out when you force yourself to play to complete a battlepass when you would otherwise want to play a different game for a while or binge a show or whatever.

Then those daily/weekly grind challenges will force you play what/how you wouldnt want to normally, which will increase the fatigue of wanting to play the game.

He is an entrepreneur turning his passion for Overwatch into a career. I am very proud of ShiaLaBeouf. Creativity was never his strong suit, bless him… But he finally found meaning in convincing us that if you do not spend 75 hours on Overwatch per season, you are not worth his time.

Obviously that will not stop him from thinking about you nonstop and complaining about it. The way he sees it, whining about people he disagrees with on the forum is like making money.

1 Like

I think it is good when someone finds meaning in their life. A passion to get them moving.

1 Like

I believe people are serious about gaming indeed. However, being serious about gaming =/= being serious abount one game only that will soon feel like a job at an unethical factory.

Again, a hundred hours on the same game every 2 months is not healthy and the game doesn’t provide enough new content for it to keep being riveting (80-90% of the content is taken from a 6-year old game).

Most players will give up after a few months. I for instance gave up Apex after 2-3 seasons for the very same reason. The constant grinding to keep myself from losing the money I invested in the Battle Pass was stressful and the game wasn’t entertaining enough to play on a regular basis. Overwatch will feel the same, especially because it’s an old game.

This system doesn’t reward anyone actually. It takes 8 months of grind to afford one legendary skin or a free Premium Battle Pass.

At least Apex would reward you by reimbursing you the entire Battle Pass (and some extra coins each season) if you managed to complete it by the end of the season. Overwatch clearly expects you to spend 10 dollars every 2 months which is already a lot when considering you can’t afford things on the side.

If only the game had enough new content for people to forget about cosmetics… but unfortunately, the October 4th update comes with only 3 new heroes, a few new maps and an old game mode that was ready since 2019.

After this update, it will be one hero / one map in turns every 2 months which will give us the content drought PTSD flashbacks…

2 Likes

but enough about you

It’s not bad if you have nothing else going on in your life and use most of your daily free time to play Overwatch.

For people with careers, families, multiple hobbies, and who like to play more games than just Overwatch it’s pretty bad.

2 Likes

Heroes in the battlepass is the bigger problem…

I’s one of many problems and they all need to be solved.

1 Like

There isn’t less strategy? The game still requires insane communication to succeed in a match. The only difference is that there aren’t two meat shields constantly on the field soaking up all the damage and being chain CC’d for 15 seconds.

1 Like

To be fair most of the world isn’t an average US citizen.

Clearly you don’t matter if you’re not willing to treat the game like a full-time job.

1 Like

A lot of the time I cannot bring myself to play overwatch. It’s far too competitive to play casually for me so I have to be in the mood to open the game in the first place.

70 hours certainly isn’t sustainable for someone like me for most seasons. I can grind 1 out of 4 seasons, maybe. The battlepass is just a bad deal overall for me.

It’s pure burnout from the first game and OW2 looks worse.

I wished a full time job only asked 1.2 hours a day from me

there is no flanking with a second tank, there is only one space maker, there are 2 less players to consider. it’s objectively less strategic because there are less factors to consider with 5v5. 1 big tank is not equal to another person?