7 Out Of 10 Matches Gave me 1172 SR!

Hi I’m fairly new to the game. In last season I finished it with aroynd 1400SR. After the placement matches it gave me 1172 is this logical? Not even the 1400 that I had on last season. Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks for your time.

chances are you were probably playing against people below your skill level during placements. If you played against harder opponents, you would’ve gotten a higher rank

People think ‘wins’ in placements = more SR.

Your placement matches are looking at your PERFORMANCE in these games, example:

• a terrible McCree gets carried, has poor eliminations/accuracy/hero damage and goes 10/0 (10 wins) and places 1200SR.

• a decent McCree has some tough matches but has goodt elimations/accuracy/hero damage and goes 4/6 (4 wins) and places 1600SR.

Your stats effect your placement, not your wins.

3 Likes

Cookie is not exactly correct, if you are a returning player, there are no hard resets on Competitive. Your placements continue to build on the hidden MMR that your previous season ended with.

Here are details on this post:

I maintain a Competitive F.A.Q. here on the forums with even more information about this.

1 Like

Where’s my cookie cutter answer to this question that’s asked 6 billion times at the start of each season. Oh found it.

You played against Bronze level players. So just because you won a decent amount doesn’t mean you’re now ready to hack it in gold.

I looked at your stats and through and through you’re a bronze player. You may have won 7/10 but you played pretty bad in those games to drop 300 SR.

What was your E:D and your number of deaths per 10 minutes?