7 or 5 wins, none of it is better than OW1 SR

I think everybody likes the ranks being split up between tiers like Bronze, Silver, Gold etc.

But absolutely everybody hates the 7 wins, soon to be 5 wins needed to potentially rank up.

What everybody wants is what we had in OW1 with the SR system, you got an update after every match, nobody had any complaints.

The crazy thing is that’s exactly what ONLY top 500 players are getting next season, they’re getting an update after every match.

Just give it to everybody, literally everyone wants that type of ranked system.

Please, no more of this 7 wins or 5 wins or 4 or 3 or whatever it’s going to turn into, we just want what we had in OW1.

35 Likes

No thanks. Please don’t speak for “us”’.

I prefer the current system aside from t500 where obviously you are going to need continuous updates for something that granular.

8 Likes

I think you are in a very small minority here. Literally nobody I play with likes the new system. I think you’re also the only person I’ve seen on the forums so far that says they like it. I’m sure there’s others I haven’t seen, but it’s definitely a rare sentiment at best.

29 Likes

I’d imagine it’s worse for retention too, since you don’t get that hit from seeing the number go up.

Which makes you wonder why exactly did they change it?

4 Likes

Perhaps, but either way “litetally” and “nobody” and all that is just not true.

It’s worth keeping in mind that many who are happy with features or the game or just anything in general really, are often much quieter than those suffering from some form of discontent or dislike.

I think it’s pretty well accepted that using a phrase like “literally everybody” is used to mean figuratively, and is simply used as a way of emphasizing a point about a large majority. I’m fairly certain OP does not literally think that every single human being on the planet dislikes it.

1 Like

By the fact it’s been reduced from 7 wins to 5 wins means you’re in the extreme minority.

Sucks for you unfortunatley but the majority want something like the OW1 SR system back.

1 Like

Idk why they’re pandering to top 500 giving them the better ranked system and letting everyone else have to deal with the mediocre system that’s currently in place.

5 Likes

I do not share your conviction regarding the OP. Regardless, literally means just that.

The key point is that not all of us agree and quite like the current competitive rank system, please don’t skip that. I am not really interested in debating semantics.

Your whole point is about semantics, clearly I don’t actually think “literally” everybody prefers this, just the majority.

Which again, sucks for you but Blizzard gotta go with what the majority of the playerbase wants.

3 Likes

2: : in effect : VIRTUALLY —used in an exaggerated way to emphasize a statement or description that is not literally true or possible

5 Likes

keep in mind we still have the SR system. your rank is determined by SR, like 3000-3099 sr is diamond 5.

what we have currently (and its why its so stupid) is that every 7 wins or 20 losses (soon to be 5 wins or 15 losses) your rank is updated to whatever your SR is currently at.

i want the SR front and center like it was in ow1, i actually like the diamond 5, diamond 4 idea. but we should still see our SR, and ofc our icon should be visible on our character border ingame.

a big downside to this system is that when you drop it down to 5 wins, people are going to have alot of “updates” where they dont rank up because every tier is 100sr and if you go 5-1 that could be enough to make it so you only gained 60-70 sr that series. so now you need to win 10 matches total to get your update.

its just dumb lol

2 Likes

It’s not pandering to the t500, the current way the rank system functions is not suitable for that granular usage. Its pretty good when considering huge chunks consisting of varying (multiple) thousands.

If you really wanted the same system for all would you personally be happy being placed #11,358,836 and after the match shooting all the way up to #11,358,875? I doubt that the kind of consistency and reward/progression you are seeking.

yeah but they could just show us our SR again.

the reason top 500 gets to see there rank update every match, is because the current system was created so casuals would feel better about playing ranked. they wouldnt see the number go down when they’d lose so it was meant to reduce ranked anxiety

but what it actually did, was annoy those players because now they’ll get 7 wins and there rank wont move and they’ll be frustrated.

but the point is, that top 500 doesnt really have the problem of “rank anxiety”. really they should show SR for diamond+ if they are unwilling to show it for everyone.

3 Likes

This is why we only count the top 500 players when giving a literal rank in terms of how good you are compared to the rest of the playerbase. Nothing was wrong with the SR system to give anyone not top 500 a way of gauging their skill relative to the rest of the playerbase.

Pandering a competitive system for casual players is an oxymoron. It’s pointless.

2 Likes

People who dislike it are much more likely to comment about it. I like it.

1 Like

Again, given that Blizzard changed it from 7 wins to 5 wins is directly indicative of the majority not liking the current system.

1 Like

Exactly, I’m glad you agree. So it is not pandering to make that feature fit for purpose/functional.

This system still exists. You still guage your skill relative to the rest of the playerbase.

I think the new way of displaying this information is much cleaner and sits in line with many other successful competitive games such as Rocket League who use an almost identical system.

Rocket League as successful ranked game in 2023 is a stretch.

Apex, League of Legends, Valorant, CSGO, Dota 2 all do it better and they’re actually popular.

1 Like

JUST MAKE IT A TOGGLE SO PEOPLE CAN HAVE WHAT THEY WANT ITS LITERAKLY THAT SIMPLE. i just want to see my mf rank go up & down I don’t see why im forced to guess at my rank in a competitive system. 5-15 still means you can potentially go up to 18 games played with no update. its ridiculous

1 Like