Overwatch 2 Explained: Battle Pass, Shop, Hero Unlocks, and more

Overwatch 2 Explained: Battle Pass, Shop, Hero Unlocks, and more

Overwatch 2 releases October 4th and will usher in a new era for the game.

View Full Article

55 Likes

Hey this is an official post, what are you doing here?!

38 Likes

Level 55? I havent read the rest yet but that’s worrying.

Oh she’s the “gift” for ow1 owners but i guess it still sucks for new players

The BP challenges look good, you don’t have to go out of your way to do something that you don’t want to. Level 55 is still crazy for kiriko though i wonder how long that will take

56 Likes

Official post? no more silence from you guys?

10 Likes

surprised pikachu
An official post time to scrutinize the frig out of every detail! quickly!

You slather the word “free” so frequently it’s concerning. Does that mean future seasonal events won’t be?

I’m still ticked off your removing 6v6.

10 Likes

OW2 news? Is it April Fool’s day already?

10 Likes

New heroes will be free for everyone to unlock in the Battle Pass. They’ll be available to be unlocked at Tier 55 in the free Battle Pass track and unlock immediately on the premium Battle Pass track. Heroes from past seasons can be earned through special new challenges, or you can directly acquire them in the shop with Overwatch Coins.

Level 55 with new heroes only locked out of comp for 2 weeks.

It’s as bad as we thought.

60 Likes

Huh, a Just For You shop. I think Clash of Clans does something like this, they cater to what you prefer to spend in the shop or use in game. Like if you only use certain potions but not certain ones, they won’t show you the ones you don’t use in the shop.

2 Likes

Totally called it. Saw it coming a mile out.

1 Like

Oh mahhhh gawd!!
A new Junkenstien’s Revenge event!

Pogchamp!

11 Likes

Taiwan does not have a physical point card

1 Like

Level 55 Battlepass Reward Kiriko. Ouch new Overwatch 2 Players… ouch.

16 Likes

Because of this shift in design approach to heroes, we believe that launching new Overwatch 2 heroes through the Battle Pass system is fair to our players, respects the competitive nature of the game, and aligns with our goal of supporting Overwatch 2 as a live service moving forward.

Good god, I hope you don’t expect people to actually believe this.

79 Likes

I’m sorry, locking heroes is one thing, but not giving out enough coins to buy next seasons battle pass, which is a standard feature in at least the 5 games I play with a BP, is a damn joke. Hell, even from the same publisher, Call of Duty gives out 1,300 credits for a 1,000 spend! That really needs to be changed in future passes. 540 for weekly challenges is a joke.

YOU’RE BEING MORE STINGY THAN EA IN APEX LEGENDS EVEN

40 Likes

in the faq, it mentioned coins can be earned by completing challenges :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have not read this yet but an official post makes me very very pleased. Even if it is a bit late.

Thank you very much.

4 Likes

540 of them per season. Only just over half the price of the pass

4 Likes

bleh :confused:

20 characters

1 Like

I haven’t finished reading yet, but I just came to say why so much complaining? This is FAR from the worst case scenario some of y’all were saying, and you’re still not happy ffs, go play another game then fr

10 Likes

We also plan on using the start of each season to make most of our hero balance changes so that everything always feels fresh and distinct.

Balance patches every 3 months, LMAO

Let the garbage FOMO grinding commence :yawning_face:

13 Likes