Overwatch Pride Celebration: Teaming with Twitch Rivals in support of The Trevor Project

Overwatch Pride Celebration: Teaming with Twitch Rivals in support of The Trevor Project

We're incredibly proud to team up with Twitch Rivals to host the Overwatch 2 Pride Celebration in support of The Trevor Project, where we will be contributing $250,000 in support of this incredible LGBTQIA+ organization.

View Full Article

38 Likes

This is a great event for Overwatch 2. Thank you.

11 Likes

But there are no cosmetics involved, right?

3 Likes

Going to be a great event, thanks guys :dancer: :dancer:

I refuse to believe that blizzard care about the LGBT+ community.

You barely care about the hard working women in your own company.

46 Likes

Overwatch team works for Blizzard, but they aren’t corrupt like Blizzard.

11 Likes

I hope you’re right DvaDiff

… I hope you’re right.

5 Likes

I hope so too :melting_face:

4 Likes

So are you actually paying up or do we have to fund this one for you as well?
<about 50% /s>

28 Likes

the LGBT icon they added called “Rainbow” is all you need to know and they called it a “pride update” to a CC and many people were hyped lol

5 Likes

Awesome to see the OW team doing stuff like this, hopefully someday in the future there’ll be a full pride event with more icons, cool weapon charms and hopefully some flag themed skins for all my LGBT friends

It’d be awesome to have stuff like a rainbow OW icon and some ally stuff too! Would be a fun way for the community and devs to express support

8 Likes

I am gonna pretend, that this is also for straight suicidal people :no_mouth:

4 Likes

Wait, it’s a charity for that?

Why aren’t they supporting Samaritans instead? WTH?

https://www.samaritans.org/

Site for the Samaritan charity if anyone is interested, it helps millions of people going through some serious stuff, and there is no discrimination, they care about everyone

12 Likes

Idk, Moira, just wanted to feel, like someone care for us too xD

1 Like

It’s probably a “hey look we care” moment, but the fact they named the LGBTQIA+ icon “rainbow” … yeah, don’t trust it.

2 Likes

It’s a start for sure. Well done Blizzard.

Fix your reporting system and we are good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No major corporation truly cares. But they can be used to spread awareness about important issues and help provide resources to those that need it.

3 Likes

Thanks Blizzard :clap:t3:

from a gay man! :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

straight people are not marginalized. There are reasons why there is specifically an LGBTQ hotline and charity

16 Likes

I would disagree with you in this…if it comes to mental health help, you are simply screwed, when you are born in wrong country - straight or not.

9 Likes