The Overwatch Empowerment Cup: A community pursuit of equity, inclusion, and competitiveness

The Overwatch Empowerment Cup: A community pursuit of equity, inclusion, and competitiveness

The first-ever Overwatch Empowerment Cup is here! Tune in to support your favorite players and teams.

View Full Article

13 Likes

I find it hard to see this as anything other than an attempt at virtue signaling.

If they really cared about women in gaming, they’d be better at moderating chats and banning people who harass women in matches, instead of throwing a token tournament to show how much they care.

61 Likes

Erm…apparently this was written 2 days ago?

Please tell me I’m not the only one that hasn’t seen this until now?

If so, it’s a little bit late…

21 Likes

So there arent men allowed?

14 Likes

Too little too late. The game is already dead. Where is OW2?

6 Likes

No-one cares (20 char)

11 Likes

:rofl:

12 Likes

A tournament about incluson which excludes a whole gender. Nice.

60 Likes

Oh look. Virtue signaling. Just what we need more of.

12 Likes

Really makes you wonder which incompetitive piece of excuse for human being is being in charge of desicion making at Blizzard.

6 Likes

Dope concept. Good luck on it.

1 Like

ok uh a tournament of female players? i mean i read that whole article but im still scratching my head on what this even is heh. i also googled it and saw this page

still dont have a clue :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Good stuff. I would like to see this tournament succeed

1 Like

Why did you tell us about this after the tournament?

5 Likes

apparently its already over looks like it was 2 days ago and yesterday lol???

i think?

there is a link to the twitch channel on the page i linked. guess you can watch the vod if you wanted too, if interested lol but yea OP BLIZZARD’S post is pretty vague

another example of TERRIBLE communication with the playerbase :wink:

2 Likes

Guys maybe try reading the article. Blizzard has no hand in the tournament.

A women only tournament is just weird.

4 Likes

holy hell the forums are grossly racist and mysogynistic gahdamn :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

16 Likes

Ah, this is the part where the forums prove they have the same attitude as all those creepy dudes that got fired from Blizzard.

Welk done, gamers. Be better.

20 Likes

Same. I even specifically checked for new blue posts with the tracker this morning and I don’t remember seeing this post. Doubly weird that it didn’t show up until after the tournament it’s meant to promote is over.

3 Likes