Weird Mercy Change

How is the new Mercy change supposed to work? I’m very confused.

2 Likes

Elaborate?

A new patch came out with the Year of the Tiger event, Mercy got some change to her Rez I don’t quite understand that looks like it’s supposed to let her rez environmental kills.

I’m confused as well.

I bet it resurrects said fallen comrade right above the pit just so they can fall down it again. That’d be the funniest.

5 Likes

Previously, if a teammate died over a death pit their resurrect marker was hidden and fell into the pit. Now, Mercy will see their resurrect market and can resurrect before it falls to the bottom.

• Mercy can now attempt to resurrect teammates who die in environmental death pits
  • When resurrecting, the resurrect marker will now freeze in place for the duration of the resurrection
  • Holding the ability button for resurrect while it’s on cooldown will now attempt the resurrect once the cooldown finishes
1 Like

I don’t really understand it either but my guess is that she will be able to rez them near the edge or something.

I doubt players have to almost fall down the pit to rez :rofl: i guess we’ll have to play to see how it works…

Before this change, if you died over a pit, your soul would literally just disappear instantly. You literally could not be rezzed.

Now, your soul will fall into the pit just as it should, making it rezzable as it falls - which, the only heroes you can actually use this change on are pharah/echo as theyre the only ones who can fly back out of the pit.

Where as rezzing a cree while hes falling into the pit will… well, he’ll just die again lol…

This doesnt bring back people who get booped off or anything, you cant pull people out of the pit…

This change is directed only at the times pharah/echo died over a pit. Aka, something that never happens.

2 Likes

I am so sorry for the confusion! I just made the edit on the patch notes, but please let me clarify here, as well!

• Mercy can now attempt to resurrect teammates who die OVER environmental death pits (not teammates who die in them).

I hope this makes a little more sense, and please let me know if you have any more questions!!

34 Likes

I really appreciate this, thank you.

Is there a height limit?

Like for example if in the future something above the map can kill that your pushed into.

Aka Trying to say a reverse death pit

Maybe spike trap is the term

1 Like

Now that’s more clearly coze me and friend spend some time to underestand this… So I was the one makeing him to Jump of the map ‘thats the sacrifice Im willing to make’.
Friend is gona be mad when I tell him this.

Edit: he send smile face :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Right now, after getting ressurected the body will still fall like usual… but if this happens over an environmental death pit, the player will fall into the pit and die before they even regain control of the character… I was wondering if this is intended or not.

1 Like

Maybe Pharah dies far above the ground, happens to be above a death pit, and Mercy revives her instantly… It’s an incredibly niche situation.

If someone gets booped off and dies while airborne, can Mercy really just rez them again, only for them to immediately fall to their death?

4 Likes

The question is, is that a bug or a feature?

1 Like

Probably, but most heroes have horizontal mobility to help them get back up anyway.

I want to be clear here; this change allows Mercy to rez above pits, not resserect team mates who die from falling into a pit.

1 Like

If you fall off the map you fall off the map as ever before.

If a flying character like Pharah/Echo gets killed flying around outside of the map their “revive token thingy for mercy” is placed on the edge of the map. I think that’s it, eh?
Plus you can hold the resurrect key if you are on cooldown to then start resurrecting once the cooldown ended? Haven’t tried if this elongates the running out rez timer of the token thingy though.

1 Like