Only two legendary skins?

They better. Communication right now is unacceptable. Especially when streamers got large amounts of hopium and insider info that the public is still scrambling and asking for. 2 months ago

1 Like

Then why were the creator’s hyping it up about “They’ve got some great stuff in place!” instead of being critical as it makes more content. Why have we not seen this roadmap? They can even put a disclaimer saying “This is NOT final.”

It’s the only way to determine feedback.

6 Likes

I hear you, Andy. Can we get confirmation on if the Archives event or the remaining events for this year will only feature 2 legendaries at most? Would save everyone tons of time if we could hear this information today.

Edit: No beef genuinely just want to know.

2 Likes

This is fair, it’s not reasonable to think that the devs are bad people or hate the game/playerbase, but things definitely need to change and I can’t blame people for becoming angry. We have heard nothing about Overwatch 2 since the OWL Hawaii stream. Why are we being kept in the dark after being promised better communication?

28 Likes

That has to be the worst communication strategy I’ve ever heard of. “Our communication strategy is to not communicate”. Uhm?
I hate to sound too critical but surly Blizzard can’t be this dethatched from what’s going on in the fanbase?

9 Likes

I’m not prepared to address that topic today. Apologies.

6 Likes

Exhibit A: the reception they’re currently getting after announcing their newest IP.

If this was Blizzard, people would be scrambling and uploading speculation videos an hour after the announcement; current Activision-blizzard has people calling it “DoA” and only one video has been made on it in the past four hours of its announcement (as of writing this).

3 Likes

I think that his boils down to a mismatch of perceptions. Showing some of the content to streamers in hopes that their enthusiasm, even if vague, would excite the general audience was a strange decision. It wasn’t clear what everyone else was supposed to do with the information that streamers were excited. It didn’t have to be a bad decision though.

If the player base was excited, and was ready to give Blizzard some credit, then it could have generated at least some hype. The problem is that Blizzard’s credit is all but spent. People are not willing to believe blindly in the product, and the whole thing ended up being more iof a debacle than a hype generator.

4 Likes

Again with the feels. Completely irrelevant. The results are not acceptable. End of story.

18 Likes

So why you created an thread “ask workshop developers” and they NEVER RESPONDED ANY QUESTION.

And what about people suggesting lot and lot features in workshop, and neither 10% get listen?

5 Likes

Not to mention other than the Ashe skin, they all suck more than junkrat

But you can’t cut content and expect everyone to play into it in good faith??? Make it make actual sense.

4 Likes

If I’m being honest, I just…wish we had a roadmap of some sort to go off of. Right now, it’s frustrating because I feel like I’m constantly lowering my expectations because of the unknown (and I mean unknown in multiple aspects - the Microsoft acquisition, OW2’s estimated release, the fact we know nothing of the changes that “excited” content creators, etc.)…but it feels like I never lower it enough. It just feels like disappointment after disappointment.

I’m trying to be empathetic. I get it; what happens behind the scene isn’t (and sometimes can’t be) captured in what is released to the public. I just wish keeping that in mind softened the disappointment I feel. I don’t believe devs hate their game, that they’re lazy, or anything of the sort. I believe they love their game and are working on refining it to meet expectations. I guess I just wish we didn’t have this lack of content for years, and it feels like it’s less and less each time.

Even though logistically, I understand that requires a hefty distribution of resources, I just wish things didn’t pan out this way. This feels…not good at all. :confused: Lowering my expectations for something we don’t even know anything about, only to be disappointed by the little we do get. It feels bad to be here as someone who enjoys the game.

[edit]
FWIW i do not fault you or Jodie or anyone. I don’t fault any singular person. Just in general, I just wish things could be different. Logistically, resourcefully, what have you. Whatever would have made it possible to have content and the excitement I felt for the first year of OW, and not have it slowly dwindle.

19 Likes

Then maybe y’all should listen to your players. How can we not think you are apathetic as a team when grievances go unanswered for so long? Especially when it comes to balance issues

7 Likes

I can’t really speak to that as it was before my time.

3 Likes

Wrong Hammond skins are always a welcome edition.

2 Likes

If that’s what you took away from that statement, I apologize. I clearly miscommunicated it.

It’s more of an emphasis of having something concrete to discuss with our major announcements, so players actually have something to be excited about.

5 Likes

Understandable. NDAs are a thing.

Just please, please let Team 4 know that frequent communication is absolutely essential at this point of OW2’s development. At the very least tell them to give us a sign, graphic, video or anything official that allows us to be prepared for info coming.

A roadmap of upcoming content and reveals for 2022 will be grand. Riot, Digital Extremes and Ubisoft do that and they are going fine and have the player’s trust

1 Like

More planned = $$$$.

Enjoy your microsoft.

1 Like

Agree
My only problem is that everything was hyping me up, and because of the big announcments promised to come this week for Blizzard titles, i thought this is going to be IT.
And then, not only we didn’t get OW2 news but we got even less skins. It was really disappointing for me, i just feel really unoptimistic now.

6 Likes