Only two legendary skins?

The higher ups somehow not realizing staggered communication is killing off the community.

5 Likes

Skins are not content.

We’ve heard this a thousand times from Blizzard, and it never happens.

I hope you’re referring to other skins that haven’t been released yet because these were…“meh” at best.

22 Likes

Apologies Andy. I didn’t mean to ask for leaks but more so for clarifications to manage expectations.

1 Like

And watch Andy ignore this juicy bit of perfect reflection on the community ire.

5 Likes

I lost hope a long time ago but, Andy and Jodie are not to fault for this, they are just doing their job.

The people at fault are the Devs and higher ups that come up with these decisions that put the CMs in these spots.

Long story short, the sadly are messengers of some awful people.

I hear what you’re saying here.

In another post, I made mention that we want to focus on letting our work speak for itself this year. Not much more I can say aside from this feedback has been communicated to the team, and I personally feel it was well received.

16 Likes

The worst part about only 2 skins, they told us via a news article and not directly

9 Likes

I think Jodie will write the official blog post of the dev process of this year event but you can hear Marcy (tech artist) for the korean explanation on the Mercy one

1 Like

Andy, there is no real excuse for the team doing the bare minimum really. Unless you guys plan to tell us in a few weeks’ time that we will be playing OW2 this entire year may as well be a waste of time for you guys and the community both. To say we are disappointed and frustrated would be the understatement of the past 2-3 years at this point and I am certainly no doomer.

I want to believe that in a few weeks you guys are gonna tell us OW2 is coming this year. But it’s hard to hold onto this belief.

10 Likes

You hear but do you care? Your actions have been telling us to not trust you on anything

5 Likes

That’s a lot of communication with this game I feel like. News article not direct. Likes whenever we found out 2 was delayed it wasn’t cause they told us, it’s cause we saw it in the investor earnings report.

1 Like

Once again, I know your hands are tied and this is about as good as response as can be expected within the parameters of your job. So I appreciate it.

If I can make a suggestion, I think I speak for everyone when news like this breaks, it would be so much nicer if it were communicated immediately in a blog post or from the official twitter account rather than being shunted off to a small blurb to “dotesports” or even worse, communicated in an Activision Earnings Call. I think most of this community can be pretty forgiving honestly! But it feels like we’re constantly being blindsided and that bad news is almost NEVER communicated directly.

27 Likes

Mercy’s is…fine. It’s not flashy, but it’s fine. Would I spend 3k coins on it? No, but it’s not as bad as people say it is. Tracer’s, I really don’t like. There’s too much going on. The only other skins are just recolors of other skins those hero’s have.

To say

has to refer to the rest of the year. There’s literally only 2 skins here. The entire reason people will even play right now is for event skins, and I can tell you that there won’t be many playing LNY.

6 Likes

It’s really frustrating because we had to deal with less amazing events and content because we were told that OW2 was around the corner and required a lot of attention…only for the release date to be pushed back to the unknown future. And then the year starts off with even less than we’ve gotten before. Which wasn’t that much, TBH. I play other similar games to OW and they give a lot more than just a few new cosmetics during holidays.

Just so you know AndyB, nobody here has animosity for you or the other Community Managers. You guys are just doing your job and you are very appreciated.

But the company as a whole has just delivered disappointment after disappointment for the last several years.

27 Likes

1,000,000x this. We just want clear communication on what’s going on with a company/game that we are all so passionate about.

5 Likes

I’m not sure if anyone else noticed, but Mercy’s face in this new skin looks off. I don’t know if it’s because of the change in hair color or what, but her face just doesn’t look right.

1 Like

So is it correct to say, in terms of legendary skins. They will be distributed in 7+ one event or something? Or will there be more weekly challenge skins but this time of legendary quality?

I’m just trying to clarify if you mean “less skins but they’ll be super nice!”

Or

“More skins than previous years to the point where the number missing skins from this event are more than supplemented!”

2 Likes

LOL, well you should have meticulously planned better for this event to only come out with 2 skins. Did the did event timing come as as a surprise?

Meticulously planned, that’s laughable.

13 Likes

Keep in mind the original challenge skins WERE legendary skins. Sigma’s comes to mind. Granted, I’m still not happy about it. I’d rather have the skins during an event where I can buy what I want rather than being made to play a game in a terrible state to get what I want.

1 Like

The latter, he said “more legendary skins” this year. It’s possible they could just cram them into the remaining skin events, but I think he’s obliquely hinting at some other delivery mechanism for skins, like a battle pass. Just my pet theory though.

2 Likes