Environment States in Overwatch 2: Behind the scenes with the engineering team

Environment States in Overwatch 2: Behind the scenes with the engineering team

Overwatch developers give a sneak peek of Environment States in Overwatch 2 and what goes into improving the game’s engine.

View Full Article

48 Likes

cool stuff…sadly the first place i think of in a different lighting scheme is paris…at night…

/sigh

4 Likes

Hey, communication. I’ll take it.

23 Likes

Oh wow. A post with something that I haven’t seen before.

It looks nice as always but doesn’t seems much different than OW1 and I am sure the performance will take a hit as well.

11 Likes

i appreciate the communication and all but for the love of god where is the pride content

3 Likes

Patience— is it’s own reward

13 Likes

I’ll cry if my “bad” pc can’t run the game anymore after the graphics update :sob:

15 Likes

Can I exchange it for something better?

3 Likes

Yes you may exchange it-- for a roadhog nerf

/s

4 Likes

Wow, patience is so amazing. I think I am going to cherish it forever!

:eye: :pig_nose: :eye:

9 Likes

Can we have something new please ? Those are less then bread crumbles, feels like u guys are throwing a homeless a dollar and call it a deed for mankind.

12 Likes

Cool!

3 Likes

bruh it looks amazing

5 Likes

Will HDR support be added into the engine too? The colors and dynamic lighting in OW1 are already amazing, but I want moooore!

8 Likes

Lets take a look here.

will dlss be supported
after all rainbow 6 siege got it

3 Likes

Soooo will the day/night cycles be implemented in PvP as well? I’d love that.

8 Likes

Interesting! I wonder if the weather/lighting effects will be drastic enough to deter certain hero picks in missions (i.e you wouldn’t want to bring along Ana in a sandstorm if she cant snipe due to dust cover). Might get even more interesting when, as they said, these effects occur mid-mission, forcing a team to adapt on-the-fly.

Exciting!

6 Likes

One thing I wanna know: Will we get different times for every map now? Like will sometimes when a match starts, will we get to play sunset Numbani while another time we’ll get to play normal daytime Numbani? I think that could really help make the game feel more alive and add new fun dynamics to the game.

13 Likes

It would definitely bring new life to old maps. Especially with very minor weather effects.

4 Likes