60hz gm player will 240hz make a huge difference to me?

by far, you will notice a difference to a 144hz upgrade. You will see your enemy FASTER. which is why i went up to 144hz. :slight_smile: HOWEVER, Panel quality matters too. If there are panels that are too dark and the adjustments are NOT good on them. It wont be good. Don’t buy a CHEEP LG, AOC or viewsonic monitor to get 244hhz.

it will feel massively better, but you won’t get better at the game, and you’re already GM

so probably not in terms of SR

but in terms of the game feeling super smooth, definitely

It’s a lot smoother. I only have 144hz but it was a noticeable difference when I upgraded my monitor. Wouldn’t go back.

Do you play hitscan DPS? Will make a huge difference.

Other than that to every other class it will make at least some difference for sure.

honestly, frames are nice and i could never go back to 30 fps but. i made it to gm with sub 30 fps and sub 50% render scale, and after i upgraded to 144 and a computer that could handle that frame rate. it hardly made a difference in terms of skill, at most i climbed about a 100 sr after that but imo that was because i steadily got better at the game over getting a software upgrade.

Will it make a difference compared to what you have? Yes
Will it make a difference compared to a 144? No, you’re a human. You cannot see that many frames-per-second

An Asus monitor fine?

Stick with 144Hz if you’re just looking for visual difference. Above 144fps starts to be really unnoticeable. The price difference between 144 and 240 can be pretty high.

Will it make you a better player? Hard to say. Some people honestly believe just going from 60 to 144 or from 144 to 240 will magically make them leaps and bounds better at the same. Higher FPS and lower input lag will NOT make your hand eye coordination better and cause your brain to react faster.

Remembers playing old school CS with 12-22FPS…

1 Like

Go with 144. 240 will barely be noticable - only in very few cases can humans detect the difference.

Otherwise - it depends on which heroes you play. If you play Widowmaker, I believe an upgrade from 60 hz will do you good.
If you play Mercy, Junkrat, Winston and generally heroes that are not crazy aim intensive, I don’t think you will benefit at all.

I think it probably would. 144hz was worth about 500sr for me. If you can already compete at GM at 60 240hz will help you a lot, you won’t lose people your trackings as easily.

Make sure you get one with a 1ms response time.

It actually takes awhile to get used to my tracking is massively improved, my point and clicking got worse though for some reason.

I’d recommend ‘overclocking’ your monitor’s refresh rate first to see if maybe it’s something you’d like to try.

Yeah but you need the “powerhorse” to run 240hz

I recomend you 1440p/144hz is the luxury and sweetspot in terms of gaming but for competitive 1080p/240hz low settings is the right spot.

Ryzen 3 or I3 with a 1060 nvidia / 570 AMD + 2800 MHZ dual channel ram can gete you 144hz stables

Ryzen 5 or I5 with a 1070 nvidia / 580 AMD + 3200 MHZ dual channel ram can get you 240hz ON THIS GAME only

it helps with better tracking. at least for me when i upgraded.
so like heroes like tracer or soldier there will be a difference. but like tanks or healers wont be much of anything.

idk about projectile heroes cuz i suck with them. but i still suck with them and i think it made me get worse lol idk how but yea.

thanks guys for all the comments i might consider going for 144hz

2 Likes

You need at least 144hz. 60hz is a literal handicap. 240 isnt necessary, but 144 should be a priority for you.

I would say that instead buying 240hz monitor, invest in a good 144hz monitor and the rest of the money in a good mouse. that would make a huge difference.

Probably not. It’s a smoother image for sure, but people tend to overstate it’s ability to improve your reflexes.

People overestimate TN. Yes it’s faster on paper BUT ther’s much more to it than just the panel. From what you see on the monitor with your eyes, to you making a move with the mouse, the input lag of the mouse, the processing and transmiting it trough the display cable to the monitor with abit of GPU lag and the monitor display the image (plus the difference in response time in some colors - gray to gray is faster done than black to white), you already have a ton of delay so that the TN vs IPS story becomes irelevant for us normies.

Do yourself a favour and pick up a 120Hz+ IPS panel with g.synch and enjoy some quality.