New Update on Switch

This latest update has screwed up this version of Overwatch. Every time I use an ultimate I almost lose my hearing because it is significantly louder than everything else in the game. It’s also possible to hear the enemy team and their weapons from across the whole dang map. I tried the whole “uninstall and redownload” thing and that definitely didn’t work. Please fix. It would also be nice if loading into an ongoing match lead to me being able to see and hear what’s going on and if every time you respawn in mystery heroes you don’t sit in a black screen for 10 seconds.
Edit: Also, when watching a highlight from a previous match, sound only plays during the actual highlight and not the intro.

6 Likes

i’m having the same issues as well since the last update. the framerate is also horrible on handheld right now

1 Like

I don’t even play handheld. How do you even do that because I have to have a pro controller to play.

This needs more attention, we did not just pay full price for a half baked game.

2 Likes

Easy. Hori Split Pad Pro or a clip mount for the Pro Controller.

Game was kinda agonizing before the issues, now I can confirm is pretty much dead in Europe.

+20min dps Q (I guess the launch of Apex on Switch has something to do with it, the community was small but now is tiny, not worth the time anymore).

R.I.P

1 Like

Exactly. It seems as the Switch version got issues that no other version has. I know it isn’t the most powerful console but it should still be able to run just as well as other versions if it was ported correctly.

3 Likes

the thing is, it used to run fairly okay. but since this update, everything just broke. fps issues are insane on switch (when my full team is in my camera view i already see noticeable fps drops, so just imagine a full on teamfight) and the sound issues are driving me nuts. it’s so sad honestly, and because it’s on switch it’s not talked about much. i already made multiple posts about this topic and it just feels like i’m getting ignored for the most part. i just hope someone from blizzard sees it and fixes the issues

2 Likes

When I first started playing it on Switch, I only started noticing issues when I would play mystery heroes, backfill, or any time I would re-watch a highlight of a previous match. After this update, I have now added constant jumpscares anytime I use an ult because for some odd reason it is significantly louder than everything else. All of the constant issues with this version makes me feel like Blizzard treats the Switch as the so called, “Red-headed step child.” So yes, I hope Blizzard reads this because Switch players are Overwatch players too and we should be treated with just as much respect as all the other versions and maybe there would be more players on it if there weren’t so many bugs.

3 Likes

i totally agree. we are overwatch players too and if our game has an issue we should be getting a fix for it

1 Like

Honestly, despite the issues, the Switch version is my favorite version. It has the least noticeable toxic players and I love the gyro controls (Yes I use gyro, but only to help my aim).

2 Likes

I have the same Problem.
I’m a widowmaker main and since the last update i can’t even hit a shot with her because of the lags. Also you can hear the enemies Widowmaker shots over the whole map.
I just hope it’s getting fixed asap because i love this game.

Btw sry for my bad english I’m a German potato lol :C

1 Like

I noticed that. I was playing as Sigma yesterday and I had to turn down my volume because all of his attacks were as loud as the ultimates were.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. This is indeed a bug and we’ve got a fix being tested that should roll out with an upcoming patch. Sorry about that!

11 Likes

Hello matt! Have you looked at defense matrix by a chance? It’s extremely buggy and inconsistent, i think the new visuals in 2019 have to do with it!

MAJOR Defense matrix bugs and glitches [Thread] - Bug Report - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

1 Like

Hello! Does the FPS Drops will also get fixed on this patch too? It’s kind of unplayable since the ParchiMarchi update.

2 Likes

quick question, is the fps framedrops getting fixed with the new update as well?

2 Likes

Keep your expectations low boys

Really quick question, will the fps drops also be fixed in an upcoming patch?

Hi, thanks for acknowledging this issue, since you guys are looking into Switch performance, I thought it might be useful to add a few other known bugs ;

• Voice chat : putting the Switch into sleep mode, or losing connection (so getting back to the login screen without closing the game) breaks the voice chat, you are unable to join until you totally close and re-open the game. This has been going on for several months now (before the echo update), it wasn’t like that at launch.
  • Skins portrait during matches : this is one from release, don’t know if it’s normal or not but using a skin doesn’t change the hero portrait during games, it’s always the basic skin picture, devs said they were looking into it around the first few weeks of release, and we never heard anything back. It might be totally normal, but we never had a public statement regarding this issue
  • Black screen : switching hero in fast moments (OT with lots of ults, sometimes just during the game normally) takes more time than before, you get a black screen for a few secs then you appear on screen

Thanks,
Matt

3 Likes

Not fixed still. Gotta revive it. Sorry.

2 Likes