Together We Are Strong! - Designing Zarya in Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm

Together We Are Strong! - Designing Zarya in Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm

Find out what goes into designing an iconic Hero that exists in two Blizzard universes.

View Full Article

9 Likes

Why ya’ll so late…

Zarya has been in HOTS for a long time…

11 Likes

They made two posts about this… :eye: :lips: :eye:

7 Likes

Bot broke! Bot down Bot down!

20 Likes

In Blizzard time measurements, she is an incredibly new hero.

It’s all relative.

6 Likes

:skull: :skull:

Zarya has been in HOTs since 2016 im pretty sure, or at-least 2017.

4 Likes

I know.

Keep in mind that third social feature is “coming soon”.

3 Likes

Oh no, It’s like the Omnic Crisis all over again.

2 Likes

I’d rather find out what’s happening with Paris / Horizon being updated and the progress of OW2.

10 Likes

hmm…repeated…

overwatch news twice…

overwatch twice…

overwatch two…

…

OW2 CONFIRMED!!!

7 Likes

Wow, bad pr stunt.

Someone’s gonna get in trouble.

Geoff says that Zarya “already feels like a raid boss in Overwatch when she’s fully powered up and running through your back lines… so, maybe as a WoW raid boss?”

Nerfs SoonTM

1 Like

It is because it’s a struggle to care about either game for them.

1 Like

“One of the design goals of our tanks is that they can potentially dish out good damage, but they aren’t as consistent as damage heroes.”

Then why is Zarya a more consistent damage dealer than Symmetra :thinking:

2 Likes

I was hoping this would mean Zarya’s HoTS skins were being transferred to OW.

Oh well, could have totally gone for Diablo Zarya to tell the Devil, “it’s only game, why you hafta be mad”

Looool

I know right?

Yikes. “hey let’s give the tank hero the longer beam with more base damage while also having ~2-3x the health!”

1 Like

WELL…That was very straight-forward in her design process. (typing this whole post after reading the article) But dis tru. She is balanced, and captures the perfect Tank aspect of, “Wanna hit me? Come on, take your best shot, punk! I’ll still be standing after your- (Gets hit) Was that seriously your shot? You make me laugh,” properly. She even captures the idea that girls/women are strong, which can be a nice, reassuring message to them, specifically.

Lot of people think Zarya’s dmg is absurd, but realistically, if you do 1 of 2 things to her, you render her useless. 1, Don’t shoot her bubbles. So many people do not listen to this one, it’s absurd to the point that PROS Don’t listen to their OWN words (yes, this came from pros, and is now my own word at this point). More often than not, this is the choice to go (Unless you wanna get murdered). 2 is melt her shield and kill her stupid fast. U cannot do anything if ur ded.

blizzard learn how to read the room challenge. the only official post anybody wants to see here is one that addresses the game or gives us information about ow2.

1 Like

Pretty much every news post is posted twice, for whatever reason, I’ve definitely seen it before, but it might not happen every time, the other one usually gets buried because people usually like to post in the popular one.

SHHHH DON’T YOU SEE IT?
It’s their masterplan to hide the upcoming new ow2 zarya look that’ll look better than every damn skin she has