Six Tails and a Whole Lot of Tools: Behind the Scenes of Shin-Ryeong D.Va

Six Tails and a Whole Lot of Tools: Behind the Scenes of Shin-Ryeong D.Va

The artists behind Shin-Ryeong D.Va share more about the creation of her fiercest skin yet.

View Full Article

26 Likes

Best Halloween skin

5 Likes

Can’t wait for the D.Va Christmas skin!

8 Likes

its meh, the summer one is still better

2 Likes

Arachnid ball needs to happen.

5 Likes

What’s your dream Halloween-themed skin that you’d like to make for an Overwatch character?

Vital : I would love a spider-themed Hammond. I’m a huge Wrecking Ball player and would love to see an Overwatch-style arachnid skin for him.

Kang : My dream Halloween skin is an evil and dark Mercy skin! She’s DEATH but instead of killing you, she brings you back to life. I guess she’d be called LIFE.

if you want to talk about the likelihood of something happening in game…in terms of skins…when the artists responsible for actually making them is telling you they would like to see X happen…this is probably a good indicator that it could happen :crossed_fingers:

10 Likes

How to make furry tutorial

3 Likes

The only think I dislike about the skin is how highlighted her crit-box is…

Tone down the purple please.

its a good skin wdym

1 Like

The crit-box is really purple and almost never hard to see.

1 Like

I mean so is every other head in the game lmao, lucios dreads are huge I never ask for a bald lucio skin

6 tails ?

Will we ever get a 9tails?

Obito Ten Tails arc coming soon?

1 Like

As if dva’s critbox was ever hard to hit

1 Like

There are times I really wonder how many hours are spent on the concept sketches. As a graphic designer, I recently completed a series of posters for a school project which involved illustrations (totally not Overwatch related), but each illustration for me averaged around 12 hours of work.

4 Likes

i dont really play dva, but i had to buy this skin

2 Likes

Oh thats a nice ahri skin, wait its dva :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I find the whole idea of d.va halloween skin very hard to design considering the character. Even though it is not my thing, it is still nice.

IKR.

4 Likes

Look! You guys did a nice job on this skin, it’s one of the best skin I loved, but I would use it a lot in all matches.

I care about the employees, because they do a lot of the things we play, I as D.Va’s main, I thank you very much from the heart, these two designers who worked on this D.Va skin

2 Likes

Thanks for these posts! As a Game Artist writing a bachelor thesis about creating an Overwatch character, this is really helpful, mostly to see the mindset behind the ideas :smiley: And huge respect for the people of team 4!

2 Likes

Both their skin ideas for Hammond and Mercy NEED TO HAPPEN!

1 Like