Stop posting here

Tell that to my teammates :expressionless:

There are situations where 50 HPS doesn’t quite cut it. And expecting my team to adapt? In Overwatch? What wild fantasy is this?

Moira main for life.

12 Likes

Yeeeeeeah boiiiiiiiiii

While i do feel for Mercy mains, i agree that Mercy is still usable and very very viable, just as you said and i also mentioned in other threads, play styles need to be adapted and resource management supervised more closely than previously.

Moreover, much of what we are thinking of, is of Mercy being the only Healer within a group. If any thing, all players should wise up and see that solo healer i.e. solo Mercy comps may be a thing of the past and that groups may need to look for that second healer which opens up another slot for other Healer class players. Which may not be a bad thing.

4 Likes

No because that’s a strawman argument. This thread is about how 50/hps is fine, no reason to bring the potential of 40 into it, especially when there are no indications they will further nerf her healing.

9 Likes

What I’m actually trying to say is that, at the current state of the game, the minimum acceptable HP/s for Mercy is 60. It’s not about how low it can get or if it’s a bit worse or better or whatever. It’s either 60 and decent or less than 60 and trash.

15 Likes

From what I can tell, a great deal of responses about Mercy are from one of a few types of players. The most common being the disgruntled Mercy player, for being unable to do their job.

Adaptation to changes, is a key to existence in general. Whether we can adapt or not, determines whether or not we can succeed in a new environment.

I’ve already chosen to adapt to the changes with Mercy, as they aren’t overly critical changes. If you want CRITICAL changes, look at Lucio.

2 Likes

Chill, your waifu isn’t getting nerfed that much. No need to get upset about it.

Uh what? You’re the one who brought up 40/hps, I was never concerned about it.

6 Likes

I brought it up for funsies and how threads like this “hey guys, it’s not that big of a deal, it’s a really small nerf” can lead to sledgehammer nerfs over time because people didn’t realize it.

5 Likes

Isnt this what happened to ana? But in sledgehammer buffs overtime as well

2 Likes

I actually don’t remember what happened to Ana, it’s been a long time.
I clocked 30 hours on her back in Season 3 and I rarely play her on QP.

Then like I said, it’s a strawman argument and not really relevant here. This thread is about how 50/hps is still viable (because it is), not about the potential for future nerfs after this one.

4 Likes

lmao

20 characters needed

Mercy players act like the enemy Mercy is still healing for 60 hps and they only have 50. Also, Moira was designed to do more healing than Mercy which wasn’t the case in a 2-2-2.

Mercy is still totally viable, especially to be able to heal heroes with high mobility and a lot of high ground presence.

Supports are all in a pretty decent spot right now, although imo Lucio should do slightly more healing than what he does.

3 Likes

Its still earlier to tell but i’d say give it a week or two and you’ll see complaints for new nerfs to mercy.

it always happens.

I’m not saying people won’t beg for more nerfs for her. I’m saying this last nerf won’t kill her.

Do I think it was the wrong nerf? Yes.
Is mercy still viable despite it? Also yes.

4 Likes

To be fair to the Mercy mains who have been playing her from Day 1, the changes to her kit has been quite substantial and they have had to adapt. A lot.

So i can understand their despair and out rage over, yet another, game affecting change. Case in point, i play a Main Healer (White Mage) on Final Fantasy XIV and that class had seen quite a lot of changes over the years and was, still is, the classic victim of power creep (consensual amongst FFXIV players). We even had to adapt to receiving a huge damage nerf. So i can understand the pain of the Mercy players, especially those who had been playing her for the past 1 to 2 years.

That said, once the grumbling is done, yeah, buckle down and adapt (again) and look at the big picture. Instead of being sad that you are no longer the only healer on the team, be happy! Because you can now share the work load with another healer and people can no longer say that Mercy is a no-skill, low-skill, brain-dead character because now, Resource Management is so critical to being a Top Mercy Player.

btw, iirc and i could be wrong, Lucio radius was actually a revert, sort of. Lucio’s healing/speed boost aura was nerfed down to 10’ and now it has gone back up again. Actually, if i had my way, i would rather they upped his HPS and quicken his Ult charge rate and activation time instead of the current buffs but hey, adapting is the order of the day! =)

Guess maybe we Reinhardt / Tank players kinda are used to that XD

1 Like

She’s still small framed and difficult to hit at a distance. She still has 200 hp. Her beam heal is still useful and helpful. Her damage boost is still strong. She still has a pistol. She can still valk and fly. She can still chain heal/damage. She can still float. She can still fly cancel and glide past things. SHE CAN STILL REZ. She can still do her job.

Yea the mercy mains already know this.

this nerf wont really impact her place at all.

thanks for pointing that out for the rest of the people.

Hey man, when you lose your house and your car you shouldn’t be grumpy, at least you still got your health, right?

5 Likes