5 Wins 5 Times no change

I have been trying to rank up in ranked lately and I have repeatedly won enough matches for a rank up but have yet to be moved to a new rank

3 Likes

The same has been happening to me for at least 15 wins. It seems impossible to rank up :frowning: It does not change.

3 Likes

This is happening to a lot of people. After reading a lot of posts my best guess is that it comes down to three things:

1. You are winning too many games. Because you have such a good MMR and everyone else in your bracket have lower mmrs than you, your wins don’t count for as much so it takes more of them to rank up.

2. You placed at the very bottom of the bracket and are slowly inching your way up.

3. You are playing the game to win rather than maximizing your impact on the game. Sacrificing your stats and, in some cases, yourself for the win seems to result in you staying right where you are.

This puts us all in a situation where we need to do the following to rank up:

1. Tank your MMR hard. Get that 0% win rate and tilt all of your teammates until you almost get banned from the game (almost. getting banned is counter productive). This way everyone in every game you play will have a higher mmr than you and you will climb.

2. Once you have tanked to 0, then you have to hard carry every game so you have a 100% win rate so you can quickly get to 1000 sr and be out of smerfville and into the real game.

3. Focus on your stats at the detriment of your team. When the right thing to do is stand on a payload to make sure it progresses or hug a corner to force the fight into a choke point… abandon it! Just leave and run it down into the enemy team. Get those stats up! get lots of dps and lots of kills and just eat the occasional loss because you didnt play smart.

You will hate who you have become but you will be Diamond so who cares!

1 Like

The 5 win 15 loss system doesn’t preventing your true rank from changing it just prevents you from being able to see it changing. Depending on your performance, it is possible for your rank to be adjusted to the same subdivision. If you are winning more than you are losing, then you should eventually climb ranks and vice versa. You might also be experiencing either the bug that prevents your rank from being adjusted or the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s tons of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.