5 supp mains on one team

People rarely complain if you nab support/tank roles first in competitive. You learn by playing the game. It’s really that simple. Just play the other heroes. If you’re actually concerned about being that much of a drag on your team in competitive then get an alt account and stick to the role you want to learn.

Being realistic though, that’s not going to happen. They already admitted that hope was misguided, and was likely built on the assumption that people would treat the game like TF2 and change their loadouts to deal with different situations. But when you have specific characters, you have people who identify with those characters and want to play them.

At the pro level people will swap, but you’re talking about trying to learn here. So if you want to learn to flex you need to basically queue for QM and be one of those instalock DPS who refuses to switch that everyone complains about.

Yah, it is QuickPlay. So who cares?

And most players in Comp will switch to fit an appropraite composition. It is very, very rare that I see a game that isn’t synonymous with 2-2-2.

The 4 people on the team who now feel obligated to lock tanks and healers instead of DPS so that the team doesn’t get steamrolled.

thats the reason why i stopped playing ranked… diamond is full of support mains and i was at the point where i had more time on tank than on my fav role support… im not gonna let the game turn me into a tank main.

i have no problem playing tank from tiem to time… but i want to play support.