5-2 = no rank up?

Wasn’t it blizzards own words that winning was the only thing the ranking system takes into account? how is 5-2 not sufficient for a rank up?

2 Likes

because it’s not guaranteed. We’ll see fewer questions like this when they add the progress bar next season. It’s kinda confusing rn

Yup it’s confusing how 5-15 is like a goal but not a goal at the same time

Ive come to decide that its not always solely based on more wins than losses its also the lobby rating that decides. Recently I was having some games on Tank at the time i was Gold 2 or 3 i think. I was duo q with a friend who was plat 2 or 1 DPS , we noticed many times both on our team and the other that masters players were being dropped into the lobby. Some of the play was insane and it was just a different world to me i struggled big time. However we did win the odd one and then the lobby strength dropped , i went 5 for 7 and ranked to Gold 1. I think if ur 5-2 and not ranking either your just at the bottom end of your rank or your stomping lower ELO teams so the reward to beat them is not as high , much as if u lose to much higher ELO team the MMR/SR loss is not as big.

Your performance didn’t make any improvements through these 5 matches, MMR didn’t change because of that, so it still matches your current rank atm. Speaking differently you stuck, call for step bro to get u out.

In OW1 you would need to win 4 or sometimes 5 games more than you lose to advance one rank. I assume it is similar in OW2.

Could be two things.

1. Your not facing people of equal rank, say your rank is Plat, but your MMR is low it might put you in Silver lobbies, in which case a 50% win rate would result in a derank.

2. Your stats weren’t great. It will factor your performance into your gains / losses.