5-2 and still deranked?!

After getting deranked from Plat 5 to Gold 1 at beginning of Season 3, I just went 5-2 and was deranked again to Gold 2. Wtf?!

1 Like

That’s why you shouldn’t play comp. The game is broken as hell, nothing makes sense. Matchmaking is god-awful, ranks make no sense, master players reset to gold/plat, your rewards are bugged, endless grindfest. Don’t take OW2 seriously anymore, don’t play competitively. It works as a casual game only now, have fun in QP, don’t care if win or lose.

1 Like

5 wins, Bronze 1 and my friend plat 1… wtf?? first 5 games of the season, 5 wins and only me Bronze 1?
Its broken bro

1 Like

5 wins, Bronze 1 and my friend plat 1… wtf?? first 5 games of the season, 5 wins and only me Bronze 1?
Its broken bro

Your SR is not only based on wins, your performance is also important too. Honestly sounds like your friend had a more impactful performance in his games than you may have had.

1 Like

Blizzard actually changed that recently in this blog post: Overwatch 2 Developer Blog: Explaining matchmaker goals and plans, part 2 - News - Overwatch.

Q: So you don’t take the number of eliminations, damage dealt, healing provided, or any other scoreboard stats to adjust my MMR after each match?
A: In Overwatch 2, your MMR adjustment after every match is not impacted by your performance in each match (regardless of your skill tier). This is for a few reasons. We don’t want players to be focused on doing things other than trying to focus on the objectives and win the match. Dealing the most damage or getting kills won’t help your team if your actions don’t help them push the payload or capture a control point. Also, for some heroes, especially those in the support role, it can be challenging to determine if the numbers they produce reflect their skill.

A link to my post in case you would like to read more about this issue Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment.

i dropped 25 +kills with high dps 5-2 wl ratio and still get deranked hello?