4vs4 competitive matchmaking

It says competitive. Maybe look up the meaning of the word genius.

1 Like

It’s still an arcade mode.

How about competitive mystery heroes?

1 Like

open queue competitive was inside arcade first, yet results were counting towards when it moved into main. So competitive is competitive unless it does not count towards next season. I hope it’s clear enough for you Mr I know everything better.

Open Queue was the main mode before RQ came out, they decided to put OQ in Arcade instead of taking up RQ for a beta season because that would be more in the way.

They actually learned from their mistake previously by not locking out the other competitive mode…

It was part of the main competitive mode previously, this is way different than the other arcade modes who have been in there forever.
I play arcade to have fun, sure i try my best in competitive but i’m not trading in queue times to play an arcade competitive mode.

A game isn’t always about winning, you can’t always blame the matchmaker too.
Do note that the game expects you to work together, no matter the matchup team wise.

1 Like

Interesting theory. You are saying they don’t make a mistake, then you say they have learned from their mistake… I love comments like this.

1 Like

I never said they don’t make any mistakes.

What do you actually believe everything is perfect?

Also this is just plain commentary, nothing to bring on to the discussion…

1 Like

So I have spotted amistake in the matchmaking and you have defended it straight away. Now you claim they do make mistakes not to expect perfection. You seem to have double measures.

1 Like

It’s not a mistake in the matchmaking, it never was taken into consideration the first place.

As far my experience goes i’ve never had any issues with fighting against premade groups.

Making an option to go solo vs solo is imo debatable whether or not it should be done. Sure even if it’s an option it’s better, though splitting up the playerbase more is just going to cause more queue issues.

1 Like

You make it sound like you work for Blizzard.
I bet any money, that befor Blizzard admitted they made a mistake you were saying the same thing claiming it’s not a mistake…
You are all over the place with your argument. Stop claiming things you don’t know.

1 Like

I’m purely saying stuff based on information released by Blizzard.

You are theorizing that it’s a mistake, so it should be fixed.
Though as far we go no statement about it has been released so you’re just saying that on an empty basis.

1 Like

Could you copy an official statement that premade full groups vs solo players are intentional, please.
I would like to see the evidence.

Oops, are you saying you just made it upp it was intentional and no mistake were made…

1 Like

No exactly, i made a theory like you.
Though you’re saying i’m claiming things i don’t know whilst all you’re doing is theorizing too. So practically that goes against you.

The matchmaker was designed to try and create games with equivalent-sized groups, especially for solo players, and these statistics show that it’s doing a pretty decent job. We believe that games with equivalent groups create the fairest possible experience, and fair games create the best chance of players having a fun experience. When the matchmaker does compromise, it’s usually during off-hours when there aren’t as many available players, as well as at the lowest and highest extremes of SR.

Refer to: GROUPS AND MATCHMAKING IN OVERWATCH

However, when you decide to queue for a competitive game as a solo player, we don’t only place you in all-solo compositions. Sometimes, you’re in a 2,1,1,1,1 composition which has an overall observed win rate of 50.03%. Other times, you’re in a 2,2,1,1 composition with a 49.46% win rate, or a 3,2,1 comp with a 49.93% win rate. All of the possible combinations considered, the combined win rate for solo players end ups being 49.94%. That’s very close to the perfectly fair value of 50%, which means that having groups and solo players queuing together has nearly no effect on a solo player’s win rate.

1 Like

So, you made a theory claiming you know better, while you do have no information to prove your point. It’s called trolling.

2 Likes

You’re doing the same…

It’s not called trolling, nor did i say i knew better… dude stop twisting up my words to look bad.
If you’re losing at a discussion it isn’t the thing to point out things the user is doing wrong unrelated to the discussion. This is just picking out a fight and trying to make me look back rather than supporting your own claims/theories.

WIth unrelated to the discussion i’m referring to you talking not about the subject itself anymore just saying i’m a troll and that i’m making faults in my texts.

1 Like

I wouldn’t bother. He’s the type where everyone who doesn’t agree with them is trolling or works for blizzard. Just check their post history and you’ll see their aggressive attitude and harassment towards anyone who dares to not completely concur with their views.

Maybe they’ll learn one day to not take arcade seriously even if it had a little ranked symbol there. It’s not a priority and it never will be.

1 Like

Even so i think it’s worth to discuss at least, information like this can better be typed out right now and be used for later reference rather than typing it at that time later tbh.

Aside from that this user has made tons of unbased claims before… lol, hypocrites huh.

1 Like

This is good topic, i like it.

1 Like

So, here is a statement from the matchmaking designer:

Scott Mercer
Principal Designer

Oct 19, 2016

Thanks for the well written post on your matchmaking experiences, I’ll try to explain some of what’s going on.

The system does in fact try to place equal sized groups on opposite teams whenever possible. Your report for game 2 where both 3 player groups were on the same team definitely seems like something that shouldn’t happen based on the rules we’ve setup, so I’ll look into it further.

We do need to do a better job of not placing players into “unwinnable” matches. When the matchmaker creates a match, it determines the % chance for each team to win based on the match it made. The VAST majority of matches are usually near to 50% (especially if you’re a player closer to median skill rating and you’re not in a group), but I’ve definitely seen logs of matches where that’s really not the case and my eyebrows raise.

1 Like

This is an severely outdated article on a report from a player.

That article is close to the release date… so practically 0 changes had been made to it.
The one i provided is newer so it practically goes over yours.

1 Like

Competitive Arcade modes have tiny playerbases because they’re gimmick modes.

The queues are already ridiculously long as it is (40+ minutes for CTF), separating solo players from grouped players would only exacerbate this absurd situation.

Get over it.

1 Like