40,000,000 players and 15 min wait times?

How is that possible? Something isn’t adding up.

Matchmaking is very complex and there can be certain factors that affect your queue times. For example, if you are playing on a brand new account, your queue times will increase if your skill above that of the average starting player.

Because those 40mil players are in fact just the amount of copies sold.

We can assume that a large portion of players have stopped playing or just second accounts.

Still, there’s wait times this long? It happened three times yesterday. Makes me not want to wait 30 mins just to play two games.

h t t p://i67.tinypic.com/2uojp6f.jpg

I was waiting so long my PS4 was about to go into rest mode.

Yes, now the more you play eventually it will level out and queue times can return to reasonable levels.

I’m level 400 on my real account.

But is that the account with the high queue times?

Yes, it is.

20(char)

Okay lets dig into this more, which game modes are you finding long queue times for? Which platform do you play on? If Competitive what is your current skill rating?

On that SS, it was deathmatch. Did you see the SS? It says PS4 and the mode. I don’t play competitive anymore, it’s a joke.

Sorry about that, missed that link. Okay, well its PlayStation, as you may be aware, there was a huge issues with PlayStation users yesterday. Now most of these problems are now fixed, but there something wacky going on that could affect this. That being said, I recommend keep trying and see if it gets better. At this point I don’t think I offer much other advise as a player.

Actually, I wasn’t aware. Did they address it somewhere? They’re not great at keeping console players in the loop.

Yes, alerts were issued through the @BlizzardCS Twitter and throughout the day Lead Engineer Bill Warnecke was posting details on the forums and Reddit.

But as I said, from what I understand everything is now working in terms of keeping players connected in PS4. I have very little details beyond that.

Notice they no longer advertise it as active players. I played from the start and they announced 25 mil active players, 30 mil active players, then 40 mil players. Why drop the active unless that is a lie with active there.