🧞‍♀ 344 Days Since The Start of this post about Sym (4/10/18)(3/20/19)

The problem with non healing supports is that they don’t provide healing to compete for a healer slot in a team and they don’t provide enough damage to compete for a DPS slot.
They simply do not fit into 2-2-2 comp. And this is important, because majority of players thinks that 2-2-2 is the most optimal comp. It is a majority of community decided that 2-2-2 is a main reference or standard for comps. It was not forced by devs, it was purely community decision.
And in 2-2-2 you want to have 2 healers for enough healing, 2 tanks for enough of sustain and 2 DPS for enough damage. That is why non-healing support-like heroes like Sombra (lacks Damage for DPS slot), Mei (lacks damage for DPS slot) and Symmetra (lacks healing for support slot) are not very popular.

2 Likes

SO EXCITED!

Not only does this seem that Symmetra will remain a support hero, but teleporter is so iconic and is the sole reason I bought this game when I saw it in the trailer. Seeing it made me realize this game is truly unique and I love that there making it shine again.

5 Likes

Depends on their rank. Gold is nothing like GM. Just playing devils advocate.

Honestly. Why add defense there? ‘Another defense’? When have they added another defense hero yet?

1 Like

Overwatch as a game did not build her with the philosophy that every support is a healer. They wouldn’t have to put her there if it was the case.

Forum Moderator Note: Inappropriate comments removed.

I’m just burning to see a teleporter on her ‘e’ instead of her shield with 1-2 charges just like mercy’s rez because I am going for a 100% conclusion from that 31 teleported and 6% uptime and a brand new ulti with no other changes.

2 Likes

Actually hoping the next hero is a Tank.

1 Like

I understand the difference between gold and gm -_-.

These guys literally made the game. Just because they don’t have the mechanics to climb super high doesn’t mean they don’t know their own game.

2 Likes

Actually surprised Youtubers are not pouncing on this.

1 Like

31 players teleported? Portal style Sym teleporter on a cooldown that no longer teleports you from spawn?

4 Likes

Except they don’t have to play that much to get the border… They are the developers. They can just give it to themselves. We’ve seen max level portraits before like in some preview videos as well as some of the overwatch esports broadcasts. Ex:

youtube video url since I can’t post links for whatever reason:
/watch?v=041m-FFvocU

Furthermore, that’s not even a platinum portrait. It’s more likely that they made a diamond level portrait because the design isn’t the same (see the video for the differences).

1 Like

Wait, is this Portals 3 confirmed?

4 Likes

Nope, pretty sure you’re just misinformed.

Yeah definitely. A new tank is probably next on their list.

2 Likes

This is a dream card =)) hopee

I would rather a new defense hero. We’ve gotten new offense characters. new supports, and at least one new tank.

Nothing new in Defense.

4 Likes

Offense and Defense Heroes are really the same thing. Maybe Hero 29 can be Defense but We need another tank

4 Likes

Really? Tell that to the people that cry about Attack Torb.

1 Like

One of those Attack Torbs(retired)

THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING. I do think she needs work and I do think right now it’s hard to decide what slot she takes in a team. She currently doesn’t provide enough utility to take the spot of a second healing support but doesn’t do enough damage to take a dps slot either.

And I thougth I had a nice card with 16 Teleports in 8% Uptime :crying_cat_face: :

3 Likes