šŸ§žā€ā™€ 344 Days Since The Start of this post about Sym (4/10/18)(3/20/19)

Her shield generator is an ultimate and can be destroyed. Thatā€™s far different than other restorative moves by other support.

Sheā€™s definitely a hybrid and is essentially listed as such on the official Overwatch website. I main her :stuck_out_tongue: and while a bad Moira only does DPS and no healing a good Moira balances healing and damage to bring her team to victory.

Wow this teaser. Iā€™m on the edge of my seat and summer is SO far away T_T

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been maining her as well in comp. I obviously do some damage :stuck_out_tongue: but itā€™s not nearly enough to call her a hybrid Iā€™d say. Zen would be a lot closer to that in my opinion.

syms got the fastest ult charge time already

then thatā€™s not symmetraā€™s fault, then
sheā€™s too easily countered, and thatā€™s the biggest issue that everyone keeps bringing up
shields and barriers are proactive healing and are actually meta in a lot of MMOs anyway, due to the nature of them
sheā€™s just bad at her job
thatā€™s why people want her to be fixedā€¦
but keep her base design

2 Likes

It is, but maybe theyā€™ll change how it works in her rework. For that matter her shield generator protects all allies within a generous range simultaneously. Other supports can protect like that with non-ult abilities but itā€™s extremely limited often in range, power or how long you can use it continuously, and still wonā€™t necessarily protect from burst.

Iā€™d say itā€™s good enough to be an off-support.

2 Likes

Seriously 31 players teleported?

Feed much?

Sounds to awesome to ever make it to live.

Thank you for working on her.

4 Likes

It gives the whole team a better sustainability, and because giving sustainability is part of what makes a Support in OW, she is a Support.
well, an off-support.

You said youā€™ve started playing her, but then mentioned her ult arenā€™t suit for Support? This means you havenā€™t been playing her as a Support.
Start playing her as a Support, make her ult the end goal of your playstyle.

1 Like

Why does the category matter? She already acts like a Defense hero, live, right now.

2 Likes

Oh thatā€™s right. Iā€™ve seen videos of her getting it as fast as 6 seconds.

Iā€™m thinking that is literally a 1 charge or 2 charge teleporter on a short cooldown

6 Likes

I hope you are gonna change her weapon too.

2 Likes

When will that border go live?

1 Like

Jeff, pleaseā€¦keep her a support. If you donā€™t, itā€™ll give up on your game design philosophy that a non-healing support canā€™t belong in Overwatch. Donā€™t move her to another class please!

8 Likes

What the point of keeping philosophy that does not work?
All non-healing supports are not in support category already (Sombra, Torb, Mei)

5 Likes

Diamond Portraits Confirmed?

THIRTY-ONE players teleported with only 6% tele uptime???

Whoa. That feels like a yuuugggee change in the works!

2 Likes

I hope they used my idea and let her pick up and set down her teleporter :smile:

2 Likes

It works if the character is guided in the right direction and considering that theyā€™re working on her until the end or beginning of summer, they can give more supportiveness that can actually make her viable as a support in the eyes of those who donā€™t see her as one currently. But we can agree to disagreeā€¦

1 Like

Every support should be a healer, hands down. The game has far fewer heals (and tanks) than dps already.

You basically laid out why the current Symmetra doesnā€™t work. Itā€™ll be hella hard to fix and balance that without making her a real support or real dps (or even tank, who knows).

For the very same reason people pick up characters that are already healers - also, they are vastly different, not ā€œdum graded versionsā€ of one another