321>222 simple math

After 222 was introduced we realized that there is a shortage in tank players. Only a few people enjoy playing tanks. Dps queue times are getting boring and long.
I was wondering if the game should shift to a 321 role lock system. 3dps 2healers 1tank.
This should help queue times and everyone wins. Besides a 321vs321 seems interesting concept.

Edit: let me just say…I told you so!

3 Likes

No single tank is designed to be able to do the role well enough by themselves.

So no.

In your situation, only the DPS wins. Tank mains are still getting screwed over.

36 Likes

If you could only lock 1 tank the game is just going to be pointless to release any tank.

Hog… Goodbye
Zarya… Why?
D.va… okay
Winston… Maybe
Hammond… Maybe
Orisa/Rein/Sigma… You better

9 Likes

Well obviously adjustments need to happen. I mean they still making adjustments to 222.

1 Like

Buffing a tank to make it so they can solo 3 DPS makes them not a tank, but a raid boss.

4 Likes

Dude there’s like hundreds of 321 threads already… No offense but I really dont think that they’ll care about this one either.

222’s here to stay either you like it or not.

Also, i’d wonder how many tank players would quit if this was introduced instead…

1 Like

Who’s gonna be volunteering to be the ‘1’?

I ain’t.

15 Likes

Not sure why the solution has to be so extreme but ok…a tank just needs to take some beating and make room for the team…not solo everyone and able to dps more than dps.

“everyone wins”

Except…y’know…the tank player.

8 Likes

I like tanks and so do lots of people. Role queue opened alot of peoples eyes to just how bad the flood of DPS was. They deserve those huge queue time if you ask me cause those are the same people who would never switch off of DPS and ruined thousands of games for 3 years.

7 Likes

No one realized there was a shortage of tank players even when it was 1-1-4?

2 Likes

While they may be the people who only play dps, it’s not fair to say it’s only them.

For example, I am playing dps recently as without role queue I would consistently find myself filling for tank and healer. Not that I don’t mind tank and healer, but it gets frustrating never playing dps.

No. Solo tanking is absolutely awful, and forcing it is the best way to ensure no one plays tank and completely kill the game. Stop suggesting this dogsh*t idea.

5 Likes

Just give the tank: 2 healers and 3 dps and tank should be fine :wink:

Um…no. That’s not how that works.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s unfortunate they’re still wasting their time with role lock.

Talk about flogging a dead horse. More work for less. Bsns.

Well DUH. We all know the number 321 is greater than the number 222.

1 Like

Who? Nobody’s wasting their time with role lock wym

1 Like

Except every tank other than Orisa or WB will be a throw pick?

I think you meant everyone loses.

wrecking ball and winston are okay as solo tank