30FPS on Switch

Real “competitive” players aren’t playing on consoles at all, but if they were, a 60fps switch would be the best version simply because tilt control Widow and McCree would demolish stick control Widows. Top splatoon players (that’s a thing apparently) exclusively use them.

Memes ecks dee. Gamecube was far superior to PS2 hardware wise.

n64 was also far more suited for 3d games than ps1.

But it’s always cute watching newfrogs getting things wrong.

someone doesnt get jokes, do they?

Why would docking the switch increase the frame rate? Either way. The switches hardware is to underpowered to get overwatch at 60fps if you under stood hardware at all you would accept that.

imma leave you with this

Maybe kids that are 6-12? I mean, Splatoon Comp is a thing too lol

Switch handles other games at 60 fps so it depends on the game.

It overclocks when docked since it has a constant power supply. Other games do exactly what the person you quoted mentions. Given I had Overwatch running on a potato level PC I expected them to be able to do more with the Switch.

You do know that was an optional controller, and wasn’t anything near the norm, right?

Well. More like it underclocks when undocked. But I guess. But I don’t think it’s enough for another 30 frames. Especially since the switch is a potato docked an and undocked. I mean it’s got a quad core processor. But it’s clocked at 1ghz and the gpu runs at a max of 770 MHZ. If that’s not a potato I don’t know what is. I mean that’s basically integrated intel graphics.

I was getting 60 fps easily with similar hardware(low settings to keep temps down), and with no overclock enabled. The Switch when overclocked is just a tiny bit worse on GPU(which OW doesn’t use much of the power anyway), but I don’t know on CPU. My PC ran on Vista when I got it, no joke.

yeah, but its still funny

logs in
I’M TOP 500 YAY

True, but it was probably useful on Phantasy Star Online.

Oh, it was a joke? Good one.

They could have opted for dynamic resolution and 60fps. But they opted for fixed resolution and 30fps. They probably didn’t want a mess of ugly pixels from toggling to lower resolutions when too much is going on on screen.

Kind of fair when(like on the other consoles) with an average internet connection and slow storage(for nowadays standards), no fiber, the character models take some time to load,
e v e r y m a t c h e s.

And since the main reason for many to get this version is “Overwatch on the go! yay” it makes sense. People will be playing this everywhere but at home where they’ll play their usual preferred version.

I can fully assure you it isn’t. Witcher 3 is MUCH more demanding that Overwatch. Just as a reference: I can run Overwatch at full Epic 1080p with 120 FPS capped and it never goes below 120. If uncapped FPS is around 180-190.

In Witcher 3 on top settings I get 90-100 FPS. And let me tell you, visually Witcher 3 is marvellous. Where Overwatch while cute, has simplified graphics.

What happened with switch is clear as day. Witcher 3 Devs completely modified their game so it runs better on switch. I bet they made a lot of changes. While OW devs didn’t want to change the game much, because that would mean a lot of work every time new hero/new map is released.

I honestly haven’t noticed. Even going from 60fps pc to 30fps switch. The only issue I have is during the end of match potg sometimes not all of the characters load in.